Thursday, October 06, 2005

Congrats! Round 1

Good morning everyone! We had a really great start to the Dallas Funniest Person contest last nite! The first four comics advancing to the semi-finals are:

Seth Cowles
Beth Featherstone
Anthony Perez
Corey Sutton

I was surprised that the turnout was so big! Thanks to all the comics who came out to support. The audience was great. And we only had 8 comics go up, a few cancelled or just didn't show, as is always the case when you plan things like this.

Big thanks to our judges: Andrea Grimes from the Dallas Observer; Paul Varghese, fabulous comedian who we all know and love; and Chad Cline, a wonderful actor/writer who performs all over the place.

I'm exhausted, but it was fun and I'm glad to be doing this. It's been a learning experience, that's for sure. Have a great day y'all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Sounds like you all "ROCKED" last night.

10/06/2005 12:50 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Beth scored the highest out of all the contestants. Abortion and Hitler jokes were crowd pleasers!

We did do open mic afterwards, but only 8 comics were in the contest last nite, so next week will probably run a lot later.

Judges next week are the same except Robby Bowen instead of Paul.

And Love is a Battlefield.

10/06/2005 1:42 PM  
Blogger monogodo said...

I thought Chad's last name was spelled Cline. At least, it was when he was with Section 8.

10/10/2005 3:48 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

My bad, changed it.

I love it when strangers correct me.

10/10/2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger monogodo said...

didn't mean to be rude or anything. I used to work for Section 8 (as doorguy & webmaster), so I saw Chad twice a week for a while.

10/11/2005 7:16 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Just teasing you mono, that's what I do. I'm a grammar nazi myself, I can't stand to see things misspelled!

I've only seen Section 8 perform a couple of times, but I liked them a lot. I've seen Chad in some other productions and he's terrific. We're happy to have him as a judge.

10/11/2005 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter