Monday, October 03, 2005

100th post and nothing to say....

Howdy bloggers. Welcome to my 100th post!

It’s Monday, and you know what that means. Seriously, can you tell me, cuz I have no idea.

A brief recap of the weekend….our Friday nite show was great. Good crowd, great comics, lots of fun. Big thanks to all the guys for being there. It was a nice ending to my stint as a producer. Friday’s show was one of my top 3 favorites from the last 9 weeks that I produced. The Dirty Boys show on August 19, and The Cooperation Corporation on September 16 were my other two favorites. Not that the other shows went badly. They were all fun.

Thanks again guys. And Brad, wow, who knew you had so many friends? LOL.

Saturday, well, I don’t know what to say. I had to host the showcase, and I figured out something – I don’t like hosting. I used to think that I did, but I was wrong. I’m not clever enough to come up with funny things to say between comics. Well, I think of one here and there, but I’m no Johnny or Tom, that’s for sure. I have to really tip my hat to those guys, because hosting is something that not many people are cut out to do.

So, I went up and did my 10-ish minutes. Don’t even know how long I did. It didn’t feel like very long. I introduced the first comic wrong – sorry, Corey. I got confused as we had changed the list a few times before the show. All the guys did really well. Overall it was a good show. I won’t even mention how much I drank. Geez. And hardly any of my friends came – I had all of 3 people come to see the show; well, one guy came to see the earlier show and stayed for ours; one friend came to see me, just me, then left. And finally, my ex-husband came and actually stayed for the whole show. Thanks, Ben. If I can’t pull in an audience of more than 3 people, maybe it’s time for me to take a comedy break.

This week the Dallas Funniest Person contest begins, and that should be fun. I’m organizing it so I won’t be participating. Wednesday is Round 1, starts at 8:00 PM. Comics, you can come watch the show for free.

I’ve learned a lot in the last couple of months.
Not a happy camper today. See you Wednesday.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'll take it any way I can get it. :)

10/03/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love the work, ya know. If I didn't have something stressing me out, I wouldn't be near as much fun as I am!

You were awesomely funny in both shows, and thanks for hosting on Friday!

10/03/2005 1:16 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Sorry you don't like hosting. But at least you get to see Henry Rollins! See you Wednesday. Do you know the order yet?

10/03/2005 3:19 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Mmmm, Henry. I love that man. He has no idea, and I'm bordering on stalking at this point, but don't you think he would love me if he knew me? Wouldn't he?

No?

Hmm.

The order will be as I pulled the names from the sacred coffee cup. You, my dear, are number 6.

10/03/2005 3:24 PM  
Blogger I said...

Henry Rollins? I have never heard of anyone stalking him. That is different. If I had to stalk a musician, who would I pick? I will ponder that. Maybe Beavis.

10/03/2005 3:38 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

There should be a way that when you reach the 100th blog you get balloons and clowns and fireworks. Keep on blogging!

10/04/2005 8:26 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

No clowns, they freak me out.

10/04/2005 11:39 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ok, while I was posting a response to Sky, Sarah and Wolfie snuck in on me! Wait, that sounded strange.

Wolfie, of course you can still come to my shows. I just can't date you. :)

And I really do need a Vicodin. Damn.

10/04/2005 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Free nextel i90 instant ringtones Cooking schools manitoba Mortgage broker altrincham Philip reinisch curio cabinet blowjob bbw Family memorial acknowledgement stationery Grain dryer elevator email marketing benefits management training 5c 22onsite leadership training 5c 22

3/07/2007 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter