Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Love October!!!!!

My very favorite month is almost here – October! Yay! I asked some of my co-workers what their favorite month was. One guy said, “My favorite month is Spring.”
Spring isn’t a month, doofus.

I love October, for so many reasons. First off, it’s my birthday month, and I always seem to feel very happy during that time. Halloween comes too. We don’t celebrate Halloween – we embrace it. One of the great pleasures I get from life is scaring small children once a year. When I was 17, I was a waitress at IHOP on Halloween and they made me dress up in the blueberry pancake suit. It was quite a spectacle. I had to go outside and wave at cars, and then I walked around the restaurant, handing out balloons to children. Many of them cried and ran away, scared to death of a giant, talking pancake. Sweet! Does that make me twisted? Yes, of course it does.

Ok, how did I go from my birthday to a blueberry pancake suit? Not sure. Moving on.

October is the month when it finally starts to cool off from the hot Texas summer, and it’s an exhilarating relief. And, of course, October is State Fair month, where you can consume really bad foods – all fried and on a stick. Who doesn’t love that?

And finally, October puts us that much closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas. The next few months will be filled with holiday happiness and joy and sharing and all that garbage. Did I say garbage? I didn’t mean that. Thanksgiving is great and I’m already planning my menu. I’m looking forward to a great gathering this year of friends and family. I make a mean turkey. Seriously, it pulled a knife on us last year. Bastard.

So, don’t forget to wish me a happy birthday on the 17th. Avoid pancake costumes cuz they’re really hot and smelly. Go enjoy something really, really bad for you at the State Fair. And scare as many children as possible. Happy October!

5 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Far out! I love scarring the candy right out of their Halloween pumpkins. Adult trick or treat!

9/28/2005 1:25 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

It's cheaper than buying a bag of snickers!!

9/28/2005 3:28 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Mmm, Snickers.

9/28/2005 4:52 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

How could I forget to wish you a happy birthday? It's my birthday too! HEY! Stick your head outside! It's 65 degrees! WHOOPEEEE!

9/29/2005 12:05 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It is a beautiful day indeed.

9/29/2005 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter