Sunday, August 14, 2005

Who's your producer?

Howdy folks! I'm happy to report that we had another successful show on Friday. I am so loving this! We had a pretty big crowd, but they weren't big drinking folks like we had last week. No hysterical laughter, but they had a good time. Jim, good job screwing with the hot chicks in the front. I knew you'd bring it! That was hilarious.

Many thanks to all the great comics who performed: Brent, Anthony, Shaun, Rich, Jim, Dustin, Bryce and Brandon. You guys were wonderful. I don't know what was up with the AC, it was a little warm in there. Hopefully that won't be a problem next week.

I went to my best friend's wedding today. It was a lovely ceremony. I have to say that I don't find August to be the best month for a wedding in Texas. It was hot as hell. But I must give her props for keeping the ceremony very short. No singing, no personal vows, no candle lighting. She does, he does, kiss and let's eat. Short and simple. Very nice. The catering was good too. I hope they have a long and happy life together. And I hope she comes back for her dog soon. I hate that dog.

Oh, but the best part of the wedding - I was chatting with the photographer and his wife. Very interesting couple. I asked him about doing some head shots for me, but I was concerned about the cost. He asked me who I voted for. I said Kerry. He said he'll do them for free. See? Sometimes being a Democrat is a good thing! Heehee.

It's very late, and my kids are STILL fighting. As soon as I sit down at the computer for a little writing time, they start in on each other. Same thing when I'm on the phone. No one wants my attention until it's unavailable.

Let's see, what does my week look like? Open mic Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm performing at the Village Country Club on Thursday nite, that should be fun. Thanks to Angela for inviting me.
I guess that's it for now. I'm gonna see if I have any Children's Nyquil. I really need to get some writing done. (just kidding!)

Oh, and Henry Rollins is going to be here for his Spoken Word tour in October. That's my birthday month. Maybe he got my email. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Henry Rollins is a pussy and I can kick his ass.

8/15/2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Them's fightin' words my friend! I would untie my tubes and give birth to that man's baby.

8/15/2005 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What in heck is a "Mommy Blog" anyway?
I have been blogging for almost two years now, and I'd just like to know what exactly a "Mommy Blog" or a "Daddy Blog" is and why I don't have one.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a tapety site/blog. It pretty much covers tapety related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8/15/2005 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I enjoyed visiting your post here.

I'm always on the lookout for helpful, and entertaining information on the web as I seem to be glued to my chair and internet connection. I know it sounds sad, but there's always so much to read! (Which is how I ended up on your site...)

I spend a lot of time researching and finding the best acne treatment sites online these days - searching for valuable acne control tips for my own readers.

8/15/2005 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work.
No better time than now to visit cartoon animals
Much info about cartoon animals

8/15/2005 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter