Monday, August 01, 2005

I feel all empty inside....

Well, the first annual Dallas Comedy Festival is over. I'm sad to see it go. It was a tremendous success, and I think everyone had a great time. Show attendance was very good, and Doug and Rob say that yes, indeed, we will do it again next year! Yay!!!!!

Here's my review from the "Comedy Critic":

"Jenn Hoff was another Dallas name at the Dallas Comedy Festival. With Jenn, you get comedy. If you've ever seen Jenn you know what I'm talking about. Fun to watch, she will surprise you, shock you and have you shaking off the effects of another over the top, kick you in the pants bit about something you never expect a mother to be saying on stage. Funny, her kids will probably turn out normal and put her in a home early for twisted thinking. You have to see Jenn on stage, she belongs there." - Comedy Review by The Comedy Critic

I know he only says good things, I've yet to see a bad review. But it still makes me happy to see all of my friends spoken of in such a positive way.

It was a blast meeting Eddie Brill, and all the other comics from out of town. I got some really great pictures, they are now posted here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dammitjanet101/my_photos

I'll also be posting my August schedule shortly. Lots of shows coming up on the weekends.

My horoscope today says that I will fall in love. Ha! I think I'm cancelling my subscription to that bullshit.

See you soon!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Well that sucks. I wonder why. Try linking to it without being signe in to yahoo maybe?

8/01/2005 9:38 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ok, I think I fixed it.

8/01/2005 9:40 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ha! Yeah, I spend a lot of time with the guys. Surprise!

Not all locals, no. Most of those guys are from LA and New York.

Eddie Brill is the talent coordinator for the Letterman Show. Jason James was a local, but he moved to NY and will be famous soon. He rocks. Neil is from LA, used to write for That 70's Show. Jerry's a headliner from NY, and Rory hosts at the Improv in Manhattan. The others are local. Did I miss anyone?

8/01/2005 10:13 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I would have been there, but I didn't get the memo. I'd still fuck Sarah though. It's been over a week, I'm getting more and more pathetic with each and every passing moment. I'm such a loser!

8/01/2005 12:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, she's on KDGE.
jessie@kdge.com

I emailed her this morning, and she said she forwarded to someone, not sure why though.

Jeff, wish you could have come. I know it's a long drive and all. We probably could have gotten you 5 minutes at one of the stand up shows.

8/01/2005 12:47 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

SHE PUT IT DOWN TWO TIMES!!

She MUST want me!!!

And it's not even my birthday!!

8/01/2005 1:07 PM  
Blogger MB said...

After seeing that review, I think i'd like to see a performance. Seems you are a funny chick. Nice job.

8/01/2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I swear, if Jeff were single....damn! He knows I've wanted him for a while. ;)

Matthew, thanks! I've been told I'm a funny chick. You can come see our open mic on Wednesday nites, no age requirement.

8/01/2005 1:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

There was! I don't know what the hell I've done, but I think I deleted it somehow. Dammit!

8/02/2005 10:24 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

SHIT!!
I'd have to have a long dick to reach the bottom of my nutsack!

8/02/2005 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter