Thursday, August 04, 2005

Funny Nite?

Howdy folks. Happy Thursday to you. My daughter told me this morning that I'm losing too much weight. Hmm. I don't think I've lost any. Maybe she just wanted some money. Yeah, that was probably it. But I'm still a sexy bitch. :)

West End Open Mic was great last nite, although very long. We had 30 comics. 30! I figured we would have a large turnout since we've been off the last two weeks, but I didn't expect that many.

I am so not intimidating as the person with the light. And I felt bad cutting everyone off at three minutes, but we had to move it along. Luckily most of you guys like me, so I don't think you took it personally. You know I'd give you more time if I could.

Oh, and I was sober. Two nights in a row. I see a pattern developing here.

Random thought of the day that has nothing to do with comedy: Have you ever sat down after a break up and made a 'pro' and 'con' list about the person who just dumped you? I know it's mostly a girl thing, but I bet you guys do it too. It's actually quite liberating when the cons outweigh the pros, and you realize that you're better off. But what happens when there are more pros than cons? That's not a cool feeling. Feel free to share your experiences. I'm Dear freaking Abby over here. :)

For my friend Karen...The butterflies are gone. That's how I know. And I don't miss them. Yours will go away soon, and you'll be back to your happy self in no time. Hang in there friend. Big things are on the horizon for us.

Come see the 11 PM show tomorrow nite, it's gonna be really good! I've gotta get some work done. Damn you, day job! Damn you!

Happy Jenn is back with a vengeance! Have an awesome day, and see you at the Bar of Soap tonite!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, I like her too, and I'm glad she's back.

Douche bag. I do like that. Nothing has quite the impact of douche bag.

8/04/2005 8:48 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I like ass clown and jerk store too.

8/04/2005 9:15 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh and thanks, fish guy. :)

8/04/2005 9:15 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Assclown comes from the movie Office Space. And yeah, Mike Judge is from Texas.

Jerk store - I heard it on Seinfeld, but not as an insult, it was something George said to a guy at a meeting. "Oh yeah? Well the Jerk Store called, and they're out of YOU!"

A few months later I heard this guy call someone 'jerk store'. It cracked me the hell up and sorta just stuck with me.

8/04/2005 9:37 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Good system, Jenn, but I think the pros and cons need to be weighted. "He moons neighbors from the front porch" would be a 3 con (yes, con!), whereas "He leaves crums on his chair" would only be a 1. That way the cons would probably outweigh the pros.

8/04/2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Lol, Doug. That sounds like a great system.

For my last long-term boyfriend, I sat down and started working on the list. I was able to come up with no less than 50 cons, without repeating 'he's a dick' over and over...and only gathered 3 pros. And to think I spent over a year with that jackass! Geez. Glutton for punishment I guess. :)

8/05/2005 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! London fog coat online Free bontril lasik md in calgary Dead lingerie models Seizures while on wellbutrin xl Online ordering generic zithromax zathrin

4/26/2007 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter