Monday, August 08, 2005

Better late than never?

Hello my blog friends. I’m sorry to say that my daily blogging may slack off for a while as I started my new job today, and it requires a lot more of my attention than the previous one.

Weekend wrap up…

The 11 PM show on Friday was fantastic! I think I like this producing thing. We were able to run the show long so I went ahead and did a set. It was the ‘Dirty Boys’ show, but I’m just one of the guys afterall! We had an awesome crowd, thanks to Shawn! Everyone had a great set. I hope that this week’s show goes just as well. Crossing my fingers. I’m putting together schedules for Friday nites in September as well. Same time slot. Email me if you’d like to do a set.

Saturday nite I did my very first black club. That was so much fun! The audience was quite large, and they really liked me. Not that I’m ready for “Showtime at the Apollo” or anything, but it was nice to perform outside of my comfort level, in a different place for a change. Thanks, Frank, for inviting me!

We managed to put together a midnite show on Saturday at the last minute. None of the comics showed up who were supposed to be in it originally, and we already had several people who’d paid the door for the show. So, I grabbed the door guy, the bartender and a couple of the Comedy Sportz guys, and by golly, we had a show! Huge and sincere thanks to Evan, Eric, Brandon, Van and Kendrick. If not for you guys it wouldn’t have happened. The show must go on, and it did, thanks to you.

We were supposed to go see the new David Mamet play yesterday, but it was cancelled due to inclement weather. Whatever. There was no bad weather when we were down there! But I’m very disappointed because now I don’t think I’ll have a chance to see it. Dammit.

I’m taking off from open mics this week. I’m tired and I need a break, and I need at least a week to adjust to the new job and schedule. Hoping to see the screening of The Aristocrats on Wednesday nite. Looking forward to that.

Have a great week, and I hope my blogging will resume soon!

9 Comments:

Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

where was the new david mamet play at?

8/09/2005 7:11 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It's playing at the Hub Theater on Canton Street in Deep Ellum. It's here for a few more days, but I don't have the time or money to get back down there this week.

I'm a big fan of Mamet and I'm really sad that I missed this one. I hope you can go - Tues, Wed and Thurs are the last shows. Here's the website: http://www.dallashubtheater.org/

8/09/2005 8:08 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Shoot, make that Thurs, Fri and Sat this week. Saturday is the last show. I might be able to make Thursday nite. I met Tim Shane at the comedy festival, he runs the theater and produces.

8/09/2005 8:10 AM  
Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

i love mamet. i'm going to try to find someone to blow for some tickets. i've been in three of his plays and loved everyone of them. i've read them all, except this new one.

8/09/2005 8:51 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Talk to Tim Shane, tell him I told you about it. He may let you in for $10, that's the arrangement we had.

Did you perform in Edmond? One of my favorites!!

8/09/2005 9:06 AM  
Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

no, i did speed the plow, oleanna, glen garry glen ross (my favorite), and life in the theater. i was going to direct american buffalo in amarillo, then i moved here.

8/09/2005 9:36 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I had no idea how cool you were. :) I hope you get to see it.

8/09/2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I should take a trip up there, it would be a hoot!

8/09/2005 7:53 PM  
Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

i would love to blow you sarah. i've been to columbus before. maybe your hookups can get me some stage time at the local club. i'll blow you for that.

8/10/2005 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter