Monday, August 15, 2005

The Shiny Side of the Ribbon

Happy Monday to you all. I got some really great pics of me and the kids at the wedding on Saturday. I'll try to upload them tonite. I also got a photo of my favorite sign in Plano: "Martial Arts Cleaners". They are 2 separate businesses, but you can't tell from the sign.

I changed my voice mail message on my cell phone today. People said it was too long. And not funny. Well, it's short now. Maybe still not funny, but far less cumbersome than before.

I'm at work, and here's what I'm doing today: I'm taking purple ribbons, stringing them onto small cowbells, and tying those bells to plush cows. Who says I don't know how to have fun at the office? Apparently the cow is the company mascot. As if I'm not insecure enough, now I'm surrounded by things that go 'moo'. Yay!

The ribbon is pretty though. My favorite color and all. But I have to make sure that the shiny side is out, can't have the dull side showing. I think from now on instead of saying 'the bright side', I'll change it to 'the shiny side'. "Always look on the shiny side of life." (whistle)

I'll give a dollar to anyone who gets that reference.

So my buddy Jeff thinks I'm being a big whiny baby. Maybe he's right. Maybe I should be there afterall. Then again, I could get stuck here attaching all these little cowbells! This could take days. Oh, and thanks for telling me that I looked hot the other nite. A well placed, much needed compliment. :)

Have a great week everyone! I'm sure you'll hear from me again soon. It's gonna be a busy week. Stay shiny!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

You win!

8/15/2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

And darn, was that fast. I think you should get an extra 50 cents for quickness!

8/15/2005 2:45 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

If I got 50 cents for every time I was too fast...

8/16/2005 4:22 AM  
Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

i'm too late, but yes eric idle. and i think this is the first time i haven't been too fast.

8/16/2005 7:09 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ok, so that's 3, carry the 1, add 50 cents...

8/16/2005 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter