Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A plethora of things to mention

Evidence that I now live with boys…

I walked into the bathroom yesterday morning, with towel and robe in hand. I turned on the light, looked up, and saw a head. A plastic, female head with dark hair, perched on top of the cabinet. I let out a little yell. Much giggling came from down the hall.

Boys.

There are scary, odd pictures hanging in my living room. One of the boys fancies himself an artist. There’s a set of drums, fully assembled. There’s a very large dog walking around the house who, I’m pretty sure, thinks I’m a cookie.

It’s a good thing I like them. My life feels just slightly disrupted. But they are pretty cool. I'm hoping to gain at least some new material out of this living situation.

I looked in the mirror this morning and realized that I have a hickey. What the hell? I’m a little too old for that, don’t you think? Thanks for that, P.

I got gonged at the Gong Show, I guess I didn’t mention that. It was quite terrible. Thankfully, my friend Jeff made me feel so much better. He said to me, “Geez, if I’d been beaten by a juggler, I think I’d just go ahead and end it all!”

Wait, that was supposed to make me feel better? Thanks, Jeff.

Hello and thanks to my friend Russ in Houston, who DID actually have some nice things to say to make me feel better. I'm hoping to come visit again soon!

I received my very first ass chewing from my boss yesterday, and it was a doozy. The first of many, no doubt. Apparently people think my skin is way thicker than it is.

I was mentioned on someone’s blog today. I hope he knows that a blogged apology doesn’t count, but I guess that’s the best I’m gonna get.

I have a paying gig this Saturday. Not much cash, but cash nonetheless! I’ll be at The Stratus on NW Hwy @ Webb Chapel at 9:00 PM on September 3. Come catch the show if you can.

I’m drinking my coffee from a cup with a big smiley face on it, to fool people into thinking I’m having a happy day. Do you think it will work?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Was that my blog? And of course it was supposed to make you feel better, I just have a slightly odd way of getting it done. (HA HA like GIT_R_DONE only...not.) catch you soon. Until later...

8/30/2005 8:27 AM  
Blogger Skye said...

Some how that reminds me of living back in Macon.Ga. I was in the shower at the time unaware that there was a tornado approaching. When I got done in the shower and reached out for my towel. It was so nice that the neighbors came to check on me the whole trailer had fell apart around me leaving only the shower and my towel.

8/30/2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I effing hate spam comments on my blog! HATE THEM!

Jeff, you know I love you. And yes, your odd way sometimes smacks me in the face, but later it all makes sense.

Shower time will never be the same at my house.

8/30/2005 10:35 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

bwahahaha...go read it now. You know what I'm talking about.

8/30/2005 6:19 PM  
Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

git-r-done jeff? i think if thats creeping into your everyday conversation, you should consider ending it all.

jenn. have a great set this saturday.

8/31/2005 3:08 PM  
Blogger I said...

Hi. It's me again.

8/31/2005 4:26 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks Brent.

Beth, you're hysterical.

Hi Tom.

My head hurts, I'm tired and it looks like I'm hosting West End tonite. Rock on! Neil is back from LA to come hang with us this week, that should be fun.

8/31/2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I was being a smart ass when I reffered to git-r-done. Was I not transparent enough? Until later...

9/01/2005 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it engine block heater installation adipex time savanna lesbian Acheter prozac en ligne bon march Car insurance with breakdown cover uk audi a4 hood carbon fiber Burlington pilates studio time share ron jon fl Thyroid cancer thyroiduk

3/03/2007 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter