Thursday, August 18, 2005

Goodbye to You

I feel freaking awesome today. Yes, I was up late. Yes, I drank a little at open mic, but still, this feeling of happiness and, dare I say relief, is all over me this morning. Maybe it's the coffee. No, it's definitely not the coffee. Mmm, smells like clarity.

I know I've been a downer for a while. I was upset about a quasi-relationship gone bad, as some of you know. (I say 'quasi' because apparently it was never what I thought it was.) This happens to everyone at some point, and being dumped doesn't make me special, I know this. I'm certainly not the first person to have a broken heart. I've broken a few hearts along the way myself. Karma's a bitch.

But today, I'm done.

I'm done with the drama. Oh my god, the drama. I made the mistake of trying to go into the 'friend zone' with him. We all know that never works out. In the end, it turned out badly, and I never wanted that. I just don't have it in me to be friends with a guy after a break up. Call it a weakness if you must, but I'm ok with it. So I'm done trying to be his friend. I'm done with feeling bad all the time because I didn't get what I wanted. I'm done crying about it, I'm done obsessing over it. I'm done helping him. I'm done with the arguing. I'm done with the 3 hour phone calls and the text messages and the emails. I'm done trying to keep him around, in any capacity, just so I can see him and spend time with him. I'm done dropping everything to take his calls.

And most of all, I'm done making him miserable. I think we're even. I made my point.

According to him, I made everything 'all about me' and only heard what I wanted to hear. Yeah, that's exactly how it was. Not.

Lots of people don't get what they want out of relationships. It wasn't all my fault, and I've gotta stop beating myself up. I'm an awesome chick, I know this, and I have so many wonderful things in my life. No time for the hassle of a monogamous relationship. Well, it was physically monogamous, but his head and heart were always somewhere else, and I deserve so much better than that.

This is in a way my Stuart Smalley Daily Affirmation - I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggone it, people like me. One person not liking me isn't the end of the world, cuz there are a hundred more who do.

"These last few weeks of holding on,
The days are dull, the nights are long.
Guess it's better to say
Goodbye to you."

See ya around.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I do love lyrics. Sometimes they just hit you right in the face.

Are you my sister???? lmao!

8/18/2005 10:18 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I kick it old school. :)

8/18/2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

how bout these lyrics:

He brought disaster wherever he went
The hearts of the girls was to hell broken sent
They all ran away so nobody would know
And left only men cause of cotton-eye joe.

good for you jenn. as for kicking it old school, you should start using 'rad' and 'bitchin' more also.

8/18/2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I like bitchin, i'm gonna have to veto 'rad' though. Too surfer.

8/18/2005 2:30 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

You want him taken care of? I know people....

:)

Travis

8/18/2005 5:01 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

FIVE BUCKS SAYS SHE WIMPS OUT AND CALLS HIM AND WILL BE BITCHIN' AND FUCKING CARRYIN' ON AGAIN IN FOUR DAYS. I GIVE HER UNTIL MONDAY. ANY TAKERS?

8/19/2005 6:38 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks, Travis, that won't be necessary. :)

You suck Jeff. thanks for having a little faith in me!

I'm on day 3 of no calling. That's gotta be a record for me. But I can't call even if I wanted to cuz I don't know his number and I purposely deleted it from my phone. So there!

8/19/2005 8:09 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh, and he hasn't called me either. Pretty sure that bridge has been burned. And I totally sucked last nite at The Village. Dammit.

8/19/2005 8:13 AM  
Blogger Travis said...

You want me to "take care" of Jeff?
I know people....

;)

--Travis--

8/19/2005 3:29 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lol. Jeff is my buddy, and he's had to listen to my bullshit for the last couple of months. I can see why he would think I'd wimp out. I'll surprise myself if I don't.

Tonite should be interesting. And I'll be drinking.

8/19/2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

Darn.....

Anybody out there have somebody they want taken care of? Anybody??

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap!

--Travis--

8/19/2005 3:59 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm sure I could find someone in need of your services. :)

8/19/2005 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter