Thursday, August 18, 2005

Kanye West loves the homos

Check out this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050818/ap_en_mu/people_kanye_west

Kanye West is a friend to the gays. He has personally called an end to gay bashing. Well it’s about time! PFLAG and GLAAD will no doubt be knocking on his door at any moment.

He says that being called a 'mama's boy' when he was younger made him homophobic. Yeah, I can see that connection. But then he found out that one of his cousins is gay. Well that did it for him! Speaking about discrimination of gays, he had this to say:

“Not just hip-hop, but America just discriminates. And I wanna just, to come on TV and just tell my rappers, just tell my friends, `Yo, stop it.'"

Yo, stop it.

Profound words indeed. I feel just a little smarter and a little more tolerant having read this little news nugget.

4 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

"Yo, stop it."

That is just so.... enlightened
and literary at the same time.

I think New Jersey can stop looking
for a new "poet Laureate.

Just...Wow.

And here I've been wasting my years
with Shakespeare, and CS Lewis.

Yo, word!

Peace, Out.

--Travis--

8/19/2005 3:13 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I bet I'm way whiter than you. :)

8/19/2005 9:40 AM  
Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

i love that my commentary is channeled through bryce.

8/19/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Brent. Bryce.

Tomato. Tomato.

Uma. Oprah.

8/19/2005 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter