Thursday, August 18, 2005

Dallas' Funniest Person Contest

Yes, my friends, I told you I had some fun news. I shall spring it on you now.

The West End Comedy Theatre (www.westendcomedy.com) is sponsoring/hosting a "Dallas' Funniest Person" contest, coming up in October.

We'll be running the competition for 4 weeks, every Wednesday nite in October, in place of The Open Mic. The top 2 from each week will move on to the finals, which will be held the first Saturday of November.

The criteria for participation and the rest of the details are in the works. It will be open to all AMATEUR (- seriously, no pros allowed -) comics in the DFW area. Judges will be brought in for the contest, and will be looking at stage presence, audience response and originality, etc. There will be cash prizes for the top 3 winners, and a guaranteed, promoted showcase in the 2006 Dallas Comedy Festival. We're working on some other goodies as well, I'll get back to you on all that as it develops.

If you are interested in competing, you can email us at dallasfunniestperson@yahoo.com

As an organizer, I am not allowed to participate, but I plan to have a lot of fun anyway.
Let's do it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Aww, come on, don't be a puss! I think you'd do really well as a contestant.

Judging though, yikes, I don't want to do it either. We've got some folks we're gonna ask. Hopefully some radio people, some press people, etc.

8/18/2005 1:05 PM  
Blogger Brent Dawson LPC said...

per our conversation. i'm not gonna sign up, because i'll be hosting correct?

8/18/2005 1:52 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

check your email.

8/18/2005 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter