Thursday, July 14, 2005

Late Nite Blogging

Technically, it's tomorrow, so this may be my entry for the day. Why the hell am I up so late? Yawn.

Open mic at West End went well. They've asked me to be the new producer. What does that mean exactly? I get to carry around the flashlight and the stopwatch and be the bad guy. Yay! Not a role I'm used to, I'm not a very confrontational person, but what the hell! I'll be doing some promoting, and helping Johnny out as well. We have some ideas for getting more people in, I'm excited about that. Good crowd tonite. I'm hoping we can pull in a good crowd every week. Lots of work to do.

We won't be having an open mic there for the next 2 weeks in lieu of festival preparations. I hear we get free beer next week if we're willing to make some posters. I'll draw pictures for beer, won't you? Craft Night!

I'll be hosting or doing something at the Midnight Rush on August 6th. Awesome. I hadn't planned on it, but they need me to fill in. I have a 9:00 PM show in South Dallas, and then downtown at midnight. Wow, look at me being popular. My schedule continues to get crazier. I'm not complaining, believe me. I love this.

No more personal shit. I can't take the drama, wherever it's coming from. Back to the things that mean the most to me - my kids, my comedy, and my friends.

Oh, and the bj's. Can't forget about the bj's. LOL!!! Oh, I'm single, nevermind all that!

As crappy as the week began, it's getting better. Thanks for having my back guys. I've had several nice self esteem boosts in the last couple of days. A hot guy was hitting on me, and a gay man said I'm the only woman who could make him go straight. Thanks, sweetie, that's going on my resume.

I'll leave you with this: If you're being pulled over by a cop on the toll road and you're about to go thru the booth, do you still have to pay the toll? I think the flashing lights may be enough of a distraction that the booth person wouldn't notice if you threw your money in or not. What are they gonna do, call the cops?

Goodnight y'all. And Happy Birthday Mom! Dinner this weekend! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

LMAO! So cool to see you! I'm on my way to read yours as well.

Open mic was good, although a little long. My fault, I'm not used to timing that many comics.

I'll get myself an agent...then I'll blow him. That should work.

Me like cavemen. Ugh.

7/14/2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LOL. A man feeling guilt? That's funny!

I earned this bitterness, I swear I did.

You don't need my help to advance, you'll do just fine on your own. Just remember - they don't like it when you bite down.

7/14/2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Now THAT was funny. :)

7/14/2005 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Comparison of trileptal and topamax north carolina dial up Payday+advances+for+savings+account Xanax ups cash on delivery Wellbutrin liquid

3/06/2007 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

4/24/2007 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter