Monday, July 11, 2005

Mondays. I hate Mondays.

This won't be very funny or interesting, just so you know. Now that I've been blogging pretty much every day, I suppose you all have come to expect it from me! I hate to disappoint, but I'm not feeling very chatty today. In fact, I dare say I'm not even in a good mood! I know, I know, that's hard to take. I'll snap out of it, probably later this evening when I get to see my showcase DVD for the first time.

My job may be coming to an end soon. No, not due to my poor attendance and complete lack of focus. They call it 'downsizing'. Business isn't good and things have to be done about that. It hasn't happened just yet, but it's imminent. I just love having something to look forward to, don't you? Not that I'm worried, really. I can get a job, I have skills. I just hate the entire job hunting process. The last time this happened to me, I was unemployed for 6 months. That was rough.

Did you know that while you're collecting unemployment, you are only required to apply for 3 jobs a week? Only 3! So I followed their rules - one week I applied for jobs as a pilot, a brain surgeon, and a chemical engineer.

They said nothing about applying for jobs for which you are actually qualified.

I love semantics.

The high from winning on Saturday is gone. I want it back. I was hoping it would carry me for a few more days. Ah, the ups and downs of being a performer.

A friend of mine posed a question on his blog: If you were a food, what would you be and why? I pondered this for a bit, and came up with what I would be if I were a food: I would be Ice Cream. Why? Because it's a low-maintenance food, easy to store and no cooking involved. It's yummy and something you look forward to, but if you're not careful, it will melt away. And, if you have too much, it will make you sick. That's me in a nutshell.

Call me Fudgesicle.

Hope to see you folks at open mics this week. I'll try to pep it up a bit.

This just in...over 1000 hits on the old jenn blog. You like me! You really like me! :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Thin crust?

7/11/2005 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be Mac and Cheese. 'cause I'm so fucking easy. That's not saying much, as I possess a penis and we all know those that possess the penis are easy by default. My wife and I will be at open mike tonite. 8:30 or bust.
Tommy Von

7/11/2005 2:40 PM  
Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

I have been reading you for a while. I dig it...funny stuff... I wonder???

7/11/2005 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna write something and then I realized that I am too stoned but NOT too stoned to use the word "too" correctly. How 'bout them apples, bitch?

7/11/2005 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of skiils do you have?...
I have knife throwing and ninjitsu. I also have cross stitching and I'm a pretty tough player at risk. I bring it full force.

7/11/2005 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apparently I just don't have typing...I'm done now.

7/11/2005 2:45 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Tomorrow nite, Tommy, tomorrow!

7/11/2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Did someone just call me bitch? LOL. I know who that is. Toke up, baby. :)

7/11/2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hi Van!

7/11/2005 2:59 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

My skills are probably best discussed in a personal interview. Let me check my calendar....

7/11/2005 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter