Sunday, July 10, 2005

Bang a Gong

Greetings friends! I know you're all sitting on pins and needles...ouch, I bet that hurts! Sit somewhere else!

I'm happy to report that I won last nite's Gong Show at Ben's Halfyard House. Yay! I can't believe you got the gong, Seth, I truly can't believe it. You're still funny, man. Gong or no gong, you are one funny mother effer. :)

We had one singer, 2 magicians, and the rest comics. It was a great show all around, and the audience rocked! I did really, really well. Seth said it was the best set he's seen me do so far.

I'll be in the finals on August 27th, going up against Laura Cole, Dustin Ybarra and a bunch of other funny people. Best of luck to everyone! It's gonna be fun. I'm too tired to be clever today, but just to recap, here's what I've made so far doing comedy:

$123.00 US Dollars
$50.00 in Ben's Bucks (came in handy for that bar tab last nite!!)
9 glasses of Chardonnay
5 beers
2 shots
One free eyebrow wax
and a partridge in a pear tree. No, not really. I hate birds.

Thanks to my friends who came out to cheer me on. I'm having a blast, and I sure enjoy sharing it with you guys.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks! It was sooo much fun.

7/10/2005 11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the name drop.
Laura:)

7/11/2005 5:51 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Anytime chickie. You rock.

7/11/2005 7:37 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh, it will be tough, that's for sure. And still 6 more weeks left, so who knows who else I'll be up against! Looking forward to it though.

7/11/2005 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter