Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Holiday in Houston

Well, happy Monday everyone!
Wait, it's Wednesday. Yikes, I'm a couple of days off.

The road trip to Houston was wonderful. It was great to see and be seen again at the Laff Stop. The show was light, since it was a holiday - only 20 comics! When I say that here, people look at me funny. If you've never done the open mic at the Laff Stop, here's how it goes: You arrive at 6:45 PM and put your name in the bucket. At 7:00 PM, they call names and you sign up for the spot you want, or whatever is left. They do 4-5 hosts who introduce 10 comics each. On a non-holiday Monday, there could be as many as 50 comics going up to do their 5 minutes.

We were lucky - not only was it a holiday, but we were drawn fairly early, so we got to pick good spots. I got to go up 5th, which is my favorite, superstitious spot. (Yes, now that I've mentioned that, one of you smart asses will make sure I have to go 4th or 6th!) I'm quirky, what can I say. My set was pretty darn good, if I may pat myself on the back a little. Listening to the recording in the car on the way home actually made me giggle. My road trip friend went up 12th, and did a great set as well. (He may say it wasn't great, and maybe I'm a little biased, but I thought it went really well. Best one so far.) A couple of my friends came to see the show, and we all hung with the Houston comics afterwards and proceeded to party like rockstars. (Note to self: I am NOT a rockstar!) You just can't beat that Houston hospitality. Our return trip home was delayed slightly, but we made it. That hotel, geez, what was that smell? Ass, perhaps? I think it permeated my overnite bag.

We've come up with a name for my favorite drink. It consists of vodka, pineapple juice, and a splash of grenadine. After watching a "King of the Hill" marathon, we decided to call it the Bobby Hill. Why? Because it's goofy, a little fruity, and if you have too many of them, boy, you ain't right.

Scooter's last nite - suckfest. Only 2 comics showed up, and I just couldn't sit through 30 minutes of one of them, so we bailed for the night. I attribute it to the holiday - next week, we will rock!

See you at the West End tonite folks! Keep me away from the vodka.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Yes, I'm back. And a little front. Or a lot. ;)

7/06/2005 11:20 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It loses its funny if I have to explain it to you, McMystery Man.

7/06/2005 4:14 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Patronizing, eh? I think you missed me, Mr Mc. :)

7/07/2005 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Deafness from mp3 players msn rci time share for rent barcode scanner validator printer bearclaw tub shower faucet http://www.digital-cameras-sale-0.info/Integrated-portable-barcode-scanner.html anime bikinis girls Dvd nexxtech player portable review connect laptop to internet mobile phone nokia seo cms travel deals russia women's swimwear level cholesterol handheld barcode reader printer

2/06/2007 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter