Thursday, July 07, 2005

Emcee Hammered

Good morning my friends. It's a lovely day in Addison, Texas, as I look out my office window.....wait, it looks like rain. That's ok, we could use some. Life remains sunny. Damn I'm a happy and optimistic chick lately. What's up with that?

Hosted the West End open mic last nite. Why is it that the emcee always gets the worst response? I know I don't suck that bad. I guess I should be used to it, I've done the hosting thing for a while now. I did a couple of new jokes, and I heard a laugh or two, but nothing like what I'm used to. But it was fun anyway. Thanks to Johnny for letting me fill in. The audience didn't laugh much, not even at some very funny guys, so I guess it wasn't just me. It's like they were just daring us to make them laugh. Double dog daring us even! Yeah, that's it. My only question: Why would you come to a comedy club if you're not gonna laugh? Hmm?

So this weekend is the Gong Show for me, and I found out that I'll be competing against my friend and writing buddy, Seth. (www.sethcowles.com) Dammit! I'm not terribly competitive, but prepare yourself for a fight, my friend. Bring it! I've got two things that you don't have. Cleavage shall be victorious! I joke, I joke, I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun, and I hope one of us wins. I'll only cry a little if you beat me. You'll hardly notice.

I'll be at the Bar of Soap tonite, where your first drink is free if you're a comic.....or all of them are free if you're a chick sporting a low-cut shirt.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks! Come out and support us if you can.

7/07/2005 7:57 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

(All a part of my master plan to figure out who you are! Muhahaha!)

7/07/2005 8:41 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm assuming you are. :)

7/07/2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

I really enjoy your blog. It's best when it's personal, which is usually is. I'm still trying to find my voice on mine.

Ciao,

Doug Weiss

7/07/2005 11:57 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Doug! Hey! Yeah, it took me a while to figure out exactly what I wanted this to be. Glad you're stopping by, I'm reading yours as well. Hope to see you at Scooter's soon.

McLaughy - here's the irony for the day: I don't do clean material at the Bar of Soap, but I'm too dirty for the Backdoor. Hmm. Funny, huh? :)

7/08/2005 6:54 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

My life is a bowl full of irony. With frosting.

7/08/2005 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Bulgari prescription eyeglasses+ Cartridge swimming pool filters Jsp web hosting voip solution

2/28/2007 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Microsoft barcode scanners Dell 17 flat screens ionamin Get money fast run escape celebrex

4/25/2007 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter