Thursday, July 14, 2005

Coolest Mom Ever

Have I mentioned my awesome kids lately? If you haven't had the pleasure yet of meeting them, let me just say that I have the three coolest, funniest, most wonderful children in the world. Yes, I'm a little biased.

My daughter, Emily, will be turning 13 in August. Christopher just turned 11 in May, and my oldest daughter, Lauran, is 16. Yeah, you've heard me tell a couple of jokes about her. She laughs at them too. Geez, I can't believe how old they are. They make me laugh a lot. They've made me cry too, but that comes with motherhood. No one can love you or hate you quite like your own offspring. Little button pushers that they are.

Emily's favorite band is Green Day, she is completely nutty over those guys. Yeah, I like them too, but not like she does. Give me Cake any day. I like cake. Hahaha. Green Day is going to be in Dallas in August, and I thought it would be cool if I could take her to see them for her birthday. I am the cool mom.

A couple of months ago, a local radio station (www.kdge.com) was giving away tickets before they went on sale. I figured my chances of getting through were nada, but we called anyway. To my surprise, we got through and the DJ asked that we answer a trivia question in order to win. Well, I have no clue about Green Day trivia, but I figured my daughter would know, being a big fan and all. Silly me!

The question was, Billie Joe has a son, whose middle name has something to do with Austin Powers - what's his middle name? What? How would I know a thing like that? Emily says, "He looks like Mini Me?" Nope, that wasn't it. She gave another hint, we were still clueless. I begged, literally begged this woman to give us a break. The tickets are for my daughter, I said. It's going to be her birthday, I said. She gave us more hints:

Something you keep your kids away from.
Michael Jackson?
No!

It rhymes with "Manger"
Oh!

The playback of it on the radio was edited to sound as if we got the answer right away. Too funny. Just me screaming, "Danger! His middle name is Danger!!" And that, my friends, was the correct answer.

Guess who's going to see Green Day for her 13th birthday.

Coolest mom ever. And a big shout out to Jessie, Diva Radio, the coolest DJ in Dallas. Now if I could just win some System of a Down tickets for myself, that would rock! And some cake would be nice.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robert & Collin said...

Congrats! I didn't think people actually won those contests.

7/14/2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Well, the DJ has a soft spot for kids who like punk rock. :)

7/14/2005 3:09 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I have always been pretty lucky at winning stuff on the radio for some reason. I've won concert tickets, dinners, movie tickets, Six Flags tickets, all sorts of things. If I were only so lucky at the lottery. *sigh*

7/14/2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Festi - I already possess the inate ability to scare members of the opposite sex. Ask anyone I've ever dated. lol.

Bryce, you were damn funny last nite. Damn funny. You made me cry I was laughing so hard. It makes me so happy to see you guys do well.

Jim knows punk rock, that's for sure. But he doesn't need to know my daughters. :)

7/15/2005 9:18 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ballsy indeed friend, but well worth it. When you can make a room full of comics laugh, that's when you know it's good. Don't hold back man, you're writing some great stuff. We need to hang out, I could use some inspiration.

7/15/2005 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter