Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How Jenn Got Her Groove Back

Step 1 – Buy awesome vehicle for personal transportation.

Step 2 – Delete all boys from my phone who fail the ‘Jenn 2-day Rule’*.

Step 3 – Meet cute 25 year-old at bar and take him home.

Step 1 - So yes, I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Honda Element. It’s pretty awesome. I feel very tall driving it. My friend Josh who died in 2008 drove one of these, so I have named my new Silver box “Joshua”.

I have not bought a car from a dealership in many years. The experience was much as I remembered it – unpleasant. But it all worked out. Mucho thanks to Jill for driving me around and helping me hound these salesmen. We actually had fun messing with their heads. And I got a good deal. All is well.

Step 2 - The ‘Jenn 2-day Rule’ – this rule applies to all boys in my life who have been, um, physically involved with me at one time or another, and it’s quite simple: if I call or text you, and you don’t respond within 2 days, you are deleted from my phone. I realize that I’m just a booty call to the majority of those effected, but geez, a little courtesy is all I ask. Is that too much? Apparently. Several boys’ numbers have been lost this year. (This method is also good for avoiding the dreaded ‘drunk texting’. I’m bad about that.)

Step 3 – Well, um, that’s kinda self-explanatory. But that’s how I roll. And I didn’t get his phone number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter