Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Catsup.

Hello bloggers. I hope this day finds you well. Ha, that was kinda funny. What? Nevermind.

So let’s catch up, shall we? Last week was pretty awful. It started off ok on Sunday. Had a good set at Hyena’s open mic, got to hang out with Jill, and then Jason came over to visit, we had a nice chat. It was a good nite. Monday was ok, but Tuesday morning I found myself unable to get out of bed. This pain I’m having is really taking its toll on me. It affects me not only physically, but emotionally as well. I have several days a month where I just feel worthless. And it doesn’t matter how many great things are going on in my life, I still feel like hell. And then I got a super sexy sinus infection on top of the pain, so that made for a really shitty week. I missed 2.5 days of work, and my boss was not happy. She’s very understanding, in spite of everything, but I realize that she just needs me to be there and be healthy. That’s really what we all want. Sometimes it’s hard to be so important. It’s a lot of pressure.

I started feeling better Saturday evening, thanks to Jill. She came over Friday and brought me medicine and chocolate and food. What a great friend she is. I began my Spring cleaning by tackling my closet. Yikes. I have a lot of crap that I don’t need, and a lot of clothes that I can’t wear anymore.

My friend Sean is staying with me for a little while. He’s had a bit of bad luck in the finances department, and I sure know how that can be, so I told him he could crash on my couch. It works out because he’s been kind enough to get me to some shows and to the grocery store when needed. My daughter isn’t too happy about it, but it’s only for a little while. I’ve been in his shoes, I couldn’t possibly have said no, especially when no one else was in a position to help him right now. Stupid economy.

We got pulled over for being white last nite. We were coming back from the grocery store around 10 PM when a lovely Dallas cop pulled us over. His registration is out on his car, but I’m not certain they actually saw that in the dark, and they weren’t behind us long enough to run his plate. In fact, I thought they were after someone else because they got up really close to the car to our right. But hey, we’re a couple of white folks, in a nice mustang, driving around in the hood after dark. Obviously, we were up to no good! We were approached on both sides of the car with the standard loud tap on the window. I get really nervous around cops. They make me feel like a criminal even though I’ve done nothing wrong. I get all over-talky and goofy and I look guilty. Sean started to freak because he wasn’t sure if he had an outstanding warrant on a speeding ticket. He did. But, thankfully, the cop who was driving was training his partner, so they just wrote him a ticket for the expired tag and told him to take care of the ticket . Phew. I was a bit freaked out and scared. Plus, if they had taken him to jail, how the hell would I have carried all of those groceries up 3 flights of stairs by myself? Lol. No, I’m not really like that. Well, maybe a little.

Oh, yeah, remember that guy I told you about who was so great and perfect for me? Um, yeah. He’s not so great afterall. At this point I’m not even surprised. There was only one thing standing in the way of our perfect relationship – his wife. Hmph. Same old story, he’s ‘in the process of getting a divorce’ – but they still live in the same house. I’m not down for that kind of drama. I deserve better. Fuck yes I do. Sigh.

So I remain single, as always. Jason and I are back in the ‘friend zone’, which is actually kinda cool, because as Jill pointed out, it’s nice that we can be friends and that he doesn’t just want me for a booty call. I like our friendship, I like hanging out with him. He’s funny and he makes me laugh. I met him on the night I returned to comedy in January of 2009, many months after my friend Josh’s death and my subsequent hiatus from, well, everything. I don’t want to say he’s ‘special’, but I’m glad to have him as a friend. I’m hoping that he’ll help me write my pilot. He can write, he’s good. We’ll see how it goes.

I’m happy with where I am in comedy, I'm very glad I got back to it last year. And I’m glad that I didn’t get where I am by ass-kissing, sleeping around or being a club owner’s lacky. I get booked because I’m funny, I’m easy to work with, I’m nice, and audiences of all kinds love me. That’s a damn good feeling.

I need to lose some weight. I’m ready to get serious about it again. I’m going to start walking a few nites a week, now that the weather isn’t blizzard-like. I like that I live close to the lake. I may even buy myself some roller skates and skate around the lake! But tonite, I’m making a very fattening, very delicious Beef Stroganoff. Yummy.

And, the best news of all – hopefully within the next 2 weeks, I will have a CAR! WOOT! I got my income tax refund. Uncle Sam was good to me this year. I have to pay some towards my surgery, take care of a few issues and get my license renewed, but after that, I’m ready to roll! How sweet will that be?

Oh, and my son finally got to see me perform in front of an audience at the ArtLoveMagic event on March 5th. Poor kid. He may never be the same.

I have shows every weekend starting March 27th. Check my website for locations and times, and come see me, why don’t you? Life is good. Good job, good jokes, good friends, great family. Love you all. Hugs and kisses!

1 Comments:

Blogger theFarschside said...

nice summary

life's been keeping you busy

Take care

G

3/18/2010 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter