Saturday, March 06, 2010

Saturday, in the office

No, it's not the 4th of July. And why is that song stuck in my head? I don't know. Keep up, people.

Thursday I did the showcase at Hyena's Arlington. Basically, it's an invitational open mic, and the audience gets to select their favorites for future opening and guest spots. However, since I've already been an opener, I wasn't eligible for the audience vote. But I got scheduled to do an opening weekend in April anyway! Squee!!! Come see me April 9th and 10th. 4 shows, two each nite. I'll be opening for Cesar Cervantes. And he's very funny. Although he hasn't been very nice to me. Oh well. I'll rock it out and do my thing as always.

But congrats to my friends Michelle, Jay and Larry, and new friend from Houston, Dan, for being the audience faves that nite. Very good choices all around, I would say. I met this kid, Dan Danzy when I was there. He's new to Dallas, just moved up from Houston. We know a lot of the same comedy people, so that was cool. He's super funny too. And, he raved about me on Facebook. I think I blushed a little. Hooray for new friends!

Did the ArtLoveMagic event last nite at It's a Grind. The reception was lukewarm. Not bad, not great. My closing joke was a killer, but they didn't seem to dig my dirty stuff. They can't all be gold. I'm still absolutely thrilled that they let me be a part of this. It's a wonderful group of people. My son was there. I'm not sure he'll be able to look me in the face for quite some time. Haha.

And can I just say that Jill, the most awesome chick in the world, continues to come to my shows, in spite of the fact that she pretty much loathes stand-up comedy? I can't blame her. After you sit through so many dick jokes, what's left to love? Well, me, apparently, and I appreciate your support, my friend. And you sat there and listened even though you felt like crap. Thank you. You rock and I love you.

So, the guy. Yeah, I met this guy, and he's pretty freaking awesome. He's 38, divorced, a teacher by trade, a poker player at nite. He's funny and smart and charming and, well, I'll stop there. He came to see me on Thursday nite, which may not be the best venue for a 'date'. I really couldn't sit down and talk to him much, as I was talking to, well, everyone else! I hadn't been out there in a a while. I think he was either impressed or intimidated by me. Hopefully a little both. But I told him that if he wants my undivided attention, he will have to take me on a proper date. So there. I'm kind of a big deal. :)

My surgery is scheduled for April 13th. Don't expect to hear much out of me that week. I should only be miserable for a few days. Cross your fingers. Can't say I'm looking forward to the procedure, but definitely looking forward to the results.

I'm off to play Wii with the residents at work today. They love some bowling. So do I. Then I think I'll do a little spring cleaning when I get home. My buddy Jason is back in town too. Maybe we'll hang out. Maybe I'll cook something amazing. Maybe we'll play some video games. Or watch a movie. Or listen to my awesome kids play guitar and sing. Maybe I'll stop babbling.

Maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger theFarschside said...

Let me know if you need any support post-surgery - (plenty of people helped me!) I hoped for the endoscopic procedure -- but got the naked smiley face instead -- which still wasn't all that bad.

I'm a methodist --so I can bring a covered dish if you need it!

Gina

3/06/2010 3:22 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LOL! A casserole is sounding pretty good right now! :)

I'll probably be staying a day or so right after with Jill, so that I don't have to climb 3 flights of stairs. I'm hoping to be back at work the following monday. We'll see how it goes!

3/08/2010 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter