Monday, December 07, 2009

And then there were none

Good morning, blog fans. Things haven't been going my way lately. I'm sure all will turn around but it's hard to see it from here. I suddenly find myself as close to alone as I've been in a long time.

Last nite, Italian boy told me that he has a girlfriend - or at least what he hopes will turn into a girlfriend. And I have to admit I'm a little sad. Even more than a little, and I feel stupid for it. *

We've been hanging out since September 2008 - that's a long damn time for a booty call. But we always knew that this was never going anywhere, the age thing being a huge factor, and we always just wanted the other person to be happy in the long run.

I just hoped it would be me to find someone first.

I wasn't in love with him. We had a lot of fun together and he was my favorite boy in my, um, repertoire. He always got the best of me, which is why I was always better than a 'real' girlfriend. He never had to deal with my day-to-day drama, my life, my work, my kids, my craziness, and he never had to see me when I had the flu. And I also never had to deal with any of his drama. It was a pretty great thing we had.

He told me all about her. The look in his eyes when he talked about her told me that she is 'the one'. He wanted my advice, my approval, if you will, which sounds a little weird, but he respects my opinion and experience.

I told him not to be an idiot, and not to fuck it up with her.

But he's a man, so of course he's an idiot. They've been friends for several months, and he's fallen for her over time. But here's how stupid he is - because she says they're 'just friends', he actually showed her the text message I sent to him yesterday telling him I wanted to see him. (And that's not exactly what it said, but I'm not sharing the exact wording. Let's just say that it was slightly graphic in its request.)

Why are men so clueless? He said that she was amused, but you know and I know that now I'm the crazy bitch she thinks she's competing with.

But there's no competition here. She's 26 years old. Very much closer to his age, and someone with whom he will have the chance to share a long and wonderful life. Of course, she won't have my amazing skills, and he's a little worried about that, but she's young, she can learn. (I should look into teaching a blow job class. Seriously. But I digress.) And even though I'm sad that I won't get to see him anymore - and I seriously am not going to see him anymore - I am happy for him, and have no regrets.

And no, sweetie. I won't be waiting around for you when or if things don't work out. Because if you do what I told you, it will work out. Trust me. Dont' be stupid.

So good luck, Chris, you adorable, beautiful, amazing 31 year old. You've kept me entertained for a long time and I'm glad for the time we had together. Go get married and have a bunch of cute little babies. And send me pictures, because I bet they'll look just like you. :)

I'll miss you.

(*I'm fine, really. Nothing stupid about being a human, right? And I think it's ok for me to be a girl sometimes. I just don't ever let them see it.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

Remember this, Jenn?


The Jenn Hoff BJ is not recommended if you have psoriasis.

Don't use if you are operating heavy machinery. Be sure to tell your doctor if you've had jaundice, as this could lead to a rare but severe side effect.

Do not use if you are over the age of 65, have a heart condition or a weak stomach.

May cause hair loss.

If erection lasts longer than 4
hours, jeez, give the poor girl a glass of water!

Love,
Curt

12/07/2009 4:23 PM  
Blogger theFarschside said...

That sucks Jenn.

But you're a classy dame -- good for you in wishing him good luck.

G

12/07/2009 8:07 PM  
Blogger Jenn Hoff said...

lol, yes, Curt, and thanks for that.

I'd like to add to that list...

The Jenn Hoff BJ can be highly addictive and should not be combined with prescription drugs.

Love ya!!!!

And thanks, Gina. It sure was hard as hell to sit there and take it all so gracefully, but I managed. (And he did kinda go on and on about her, so at one point I had to ask him to stop!)

I'll miss him, definitely. But what we had was easy and comfortable. If I let him fall back on me, even if this one doesn't work out, then he won't have to make the effort for something more meaningful. I'm forcing him to do what's hard instead of what's easy, because if she's worth it, he will do the work, and he'll be glad he did. :)

It was time to let him go.

12/08/2009 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter