Thursday, December 03, 2009

Man(up)Date

Wow, I am a slacker of some great proportions, eh?

Well, let's see what's happening in Jenn-land this week.

Turkey day was ok. My mother attended Thanksgiving dinner for the first time in 10 years. She's always had to work, but since she retired this year, I forced her to be a part of the festivities. We had the gathering at my oldest daughter's place, and my mom got to see firsthand what a little bitch she can be.

(I'm not saying I don't love my daughter. You faithful readers know that I adore my children. But my firstborn has always been my mother's 'favorite' for some reason, but after seeing her in action, I think she's moved down on that list a notch or two.)

We ate a lot of food. I drank some alcoholic beverages to make it thru the day. All was well.

Ok, so in the man department, let's see what's up.

Had a great first date with this guy I met on the dating site a couple of weeks ago. I totally 'rulesd' him and I thought we might have something. We had a second date the Friday after Thanksgiving. I gave it up. He hasn't called since.

Sigh.

The bass player called me on Saturday morning and told me that he loved me. I told him to snap out of it and stop fucking with my head.

Sigh.

The 27 year old - of "I'll let you suck it" fame, texted me out of the blue on Thanksgiving nite. Yes, I let him come over. Yes, I'm an idiot. Haven't heard from him since either.

Sigh.

Saturday nite I got texts from Mr. New Zealand, who I hadn't heard from in months, and Italian boy, who I was too busy to see. I was having a girl's nite with Jill, which was so much better than meaningless sex with men who don't care anything about me.

We saw "Precious" and I cried for 2 days.

I deleted my profile on the dating site. Found another, set up a profile. Getting about 50 messages a day from unattractive, uninteresting men who just want to see my boobs.

Sigh, sigh, sigh.

Here's a tip: Don't write a dating site profile when you have PMS. Just sayin'.

My head hurts and I need something that I don't have and I'm not sure what that is.

2 Comments:

Blogger decade5 said...

Sigh.

12/03/2009 12:30 PM  
Blogger Jenn Hoff said...

Indeed.

12/03/2009 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter