Friday, December 22, 2006

Emo half day

Geez I’m emotional today.

Not Emo. I'm not cutting myself or anything.

One of the radio stations was playing back the reactions of the needy family they sponsored for Christmas. It was touching. The kids were so excited and so appreciative of all the things they received. I teared up a bit, listening to their humble and sincere exclamations.

And then I get to my office and find a card on my desk from the boss, with a $100 gift card to Macy’s. Wow. Very nice. She’s so awesome. I get to buy stuff for ME for a change! Yes! Although I did buy myself a new purse yesterday. I downsized. Perhaps a little too much. Emily was amused at watching me try to fit everything into the new bag. It wasn't happening. But heck, it only cost me $8. I'll make it work.

Kids came over last nite, we have them until Sunday morning, then back again on Monday and thru the week. Yay! Their dad’s family always does their Christmas on Christmas Eve, so that actually works out ok every year.

The mini-teen and I did “Christmas” with the Teen last nite. I gave her the coffee maker she requested. In return, she gave me a bag of Starbuck’s Christmas Blend. Mmmm. Snooty coffee. The mini-teen received from her older sister ‘the purse’. She’s been waiting for her sis to hand this purse down to her for years. The Teen has carried it for so long, I can’t even remember when or where she got it. But it’s finally been passed on to Emily. She was thrilled. It’s not even that great of a purse – it’s just a blue canvas bag and has been written on with magic marker by the Teen and various other people. I guess it’s more the legacy than the item that means so much to her. We had a nice evening, together, just us girls, although the boys kept calling me asking me when I’d be home with food. Silly boys. Totally lost without me.

I only have to work until noon-ish today, so that rocks. I may be incredibly busy for the next few days – duh – so if I don’t get back here, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

3 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I'm freaking working till 10:30 tonight and Sunday. The routers must be fed. I don't like purses. I hope I don't get one for Christmas. I have left specific instructions not to get me one.


The Great Doofleboy has spoken.

12/23/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger I said...

Great.......Christmas eve and where the Hell am I? Come write something so I can get pissed off.

12/24/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm almost level 40 on World of Warcraft. That's about all I have at the moment.

12/24/2006 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter