Tuesday, December 19, 2006

CNN - the worst news ever.

I work at the front desk at my office. In the lobby we have a very nice, big, plasma screen TV. We keep it on during the day for clients and visitors. I keep the volume turned down so I'm not distracted, and to prevent myself from watching it continuously, I keep it tuned in to CNN, the worst news network in the world.

(We have Direct TV. I could feasibly put it on Cartoon Network or Comedy Central if I wanted to, but they tend to frown on that.)

Back in the day, CNN was a good channel. It provided news. Breaking, important news stories that people were interested in, that people cared about.
What a novel idea for the Cable News Network.

But for the past 2 and a half hours, they have been running what apparently they believe to be the biggest news story since 9/11. What is it?

Whether or not Miss USA will be relieved of her crown.

Seriously.

This is the big news story of the day? The partying habits of a pageant princess? Is this what we are concerned about as a society?

If you're worried, fear not. Donald Trump has decided to give her a second chance.
Aww, what a nice guy he is.

Where's the remote?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter