Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Monday

It’s going to be yet another busy week.

Evan has picked up some extra defensive driving classes. I’m glad for the money, but I’m sad for the way he got them. The fundraiser for his co-worker has been postponed until after the holidays. The family is doing ok right now. No news on any improvement in his condition.

Our schedules have gotten full up again and we don’t get to see each other much, which makes for a very cranky Jenn. And somehow, there also needs to be time for other things besides work, like friends and family and shopping and having fun. You forget about those things sometimes.

But Tonite - we get to be together. Tonite, we will go to the bank and to the store and buy food and assorted happy holiday items. And we will laugh and act silly and have fun, in spite of the terrible crowds and rude, cranky people who’d just as soon run you over with a shopping cart than slow down for a moment so you can get through. I’m very much looking forward to my evening with the man. (Not da man, The man.)

I am making some tasty dishes for the office party on Thursday. We’re having Italian entrees brought in, so I’ll be preparing a couple of salads that will surely compliment the main course.

We had a great Saturday evening. Yummy dinner at Spiatza’s and I made $3 in tips working concessions at Comedy Sportz. Probably because I kept flashing my huge rack.*

And that, folks, is all I there is today.

(* Jeremy loaned me his reindeer antlers, which happened to have flashing lights on them. Come on folks, it’s a clean, family show. I don’t do that. Well, not anymore.)

5 Comments:

Blogger I said...

Hey! Rockin! I'm glad you are doing better. Did I mention I had Doofleboy T-shirts printed? They say "Don't bug Me, I'm Doofling off." Doofleboy.com. There are pics of them at doofleboy.com. That was kinda like the rack thingie. Not thingies,..thingie. You know. Maybe not.

Would it be cool if I linked my giantflamingdyke.com address to your BLOG?

The Great Doofleboy has spoken!

12/18/2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger monogodo said...

Back when I worked the door for Section 8, I was told that any woman who flashed her rack would get in free. In the ~3 years I worked that door, not one woman flashed her rack for free entry.

12/19/2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

No self respecting woman would flash her chest to see Dave Little.

Maybe that's just me. :)

12/19/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger monogodo said...

This was pre-Dave Little.

Back when it was John Clark, Josh Martin, Chris Rager, Mike McFarland, and Mark Orvik, with Damian Hellman as DJ.

12/19/2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ahh, well perhaps it was different back then. I've only been back in Dallas for (almost) 4 years, and only became acquainted with Section 8 little over a year ago. The only two I can remember from thw show were Dave and Chad, I didn't know any of the rest.

12/19/2006 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter