Thursday, September 08, 2005

Where did my week go and why are you looking at me like that?

Good morning to you, my blog groupies. Just a few things to talk about today.

Open mic was cancelled last nite due to lack of audience. Seems the news folks are telling people to stay away from the West End as downtown has become a temporary home to thousands of people from New Orleans. Thanks for that, news guys. We didn’t want to tell jokes anyway, so there! :p

Speaking of New Orleans and the West End...we're hosting a comedy benefit at the West End on September 15th. It will be an evening of comedy, with improv from the French Club Dropouts from 8-9 PM, and stand-up comedy from 9-10 PM featuring Bryce Richardson, Corey Sutton, Brent Dawson, Tom Devenport and Robby Bowen, my very favorite host from the Gong Show. Yes, I know, he was the only host, but he was still my favorite! Please come if you can, invite everyone you know. This is a good chance for you to give a little if you haven't already. All proceeds from the show will be donated to the Red Cross.

My good friend Karen is opening for Queertown tonite at the West End. Woohoo!!!! Best of luck, KC!! I know you're gonna kick some serious butt. I'll be there to cheer you on, but I'll still be straight. :)

My week has disappeared. I love having Mondays off but it always messes up the entire week and before you know it, it’s Friday and nothing that needed to be finished has even been started. I feel like I haven’t slept in days, one day just runs into the other. My job is so nutty, I have time for very little outside stuff during the day, hence my blog slacking as of late. I go straight from the office to the comedy. I’m going to have to give myself a day off from something soon.

I have a few gigs coming up, and I’m very excited! I will post the dates and locations shortly. If you’d told me 5 years ago that I would be getting paid to tell jokes, I would have laughed right at you. Well, I’m still laughing at you, but for completely different reasons.

I received news today from Mr. Mississippi that the wife has asked for a divorce. I’m sad for him because I know that he put many years and a shitload of effort into making the marriage work. But wow, could it be possible that for the first time in 15 years, we’re both going to be single at the same time? Something to ponder. A road trip is imminent.

Back to you, Chuck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Indeed I changed it. I hate to misrepresent.

9/09/2005 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! car alarms accessory face sitting ass worship mattress prices melbourne australia Shepard borthers toyota

3/01/2007 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter