Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hump Day already

I’m being shamed into posting again. I wish I had more time. Let’s play catch-up, shall we?

I feel like hell today. Haven't felt like myself for a couple of days. The weekend, let’s see…I skipped comedy in favor of hanging out with my son. I dragged him along to deliver fliers to the club on Friday nite, he’s such a good sport. He’s very upset that he hasn’t gotten to see my buddy Seth in a while. You take that kid to Wendy’s one time and he’s your friend for life. He likes Seth better than most guys I’ve actually dated, isn’t that odd? Mommy doesn’t have such good luck with the whole dating thing, but she has awesome guy friends!

I didn’t get to attend the 11:00 PM show on Friday nite, I’ve heard mixed reviews. Thanks again to everyone who participated.

I did some housecleaning. That’s always fun. The boys who live with me now are actually neat and clean, and expect me to be the same. Yeah, that will last. My room is clean and orderly, almost unrecognizable. I hate to sleep in there now as I’m afraid I’ll mess it up and I totally lack the motivation to put it back together again.

Watched movies with my CSz friend on Sunday. (That's code for Comedy Sportz.) He wasn’t thrilled with my choice – The Grudge. I wasn’t either. It was awful. I was hoping for maybe just a little scare, some slight terror, but no. It did nothing for me. His choice was much better. I’ll take comedy over bad horror any day. Unless we’re talking a Bruce Campbell movie. I loves me some Bruce.

We actually had a decent open mic at Scooter’s last nite. After the shit that happened there a few weeks ago, we received apologies from both the manager and the dj. They even offered up drinks and a poker game after the show. That was nice for a change, I feel like we get the short end of the stick at that place so often. Thanks to all the comics who continue to come out for stage time.

Open mic tonite at West End, come out and have some fun. We’re doing the benefit show tomorrow nite with the French Club Dropouts. Donation is $10. Should be a great show.

Is it self important and pretentious to keep a blog, thinking that people actually care what I write about? Maybe, but I’m still writing. And thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Are you kidding Jenn, any thing you have to say is worth the time to read it. You always brighten my dull day. Thanks. Skye.

9/14/2005 5:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Aww, thanks. That makes me feel less pretentious. :)

9/14/2005 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter