Sunday, July 17, 2005

Weekend Catch-Up

It's amazing how early I can get up when I don't actually have to.

Rained a lot here yesterday. We blame my daughter.

I love Sunday mornings. I was sitting outside, having my coffee, and the big fat guy that lives across the street from me was mowing his lawn. What's great about it is, he has his headphones on and he sings really loud to whatever he's listening to. Doesn't even stop singing when he sees me sitting there. He just waves and keeps on mowing and belting out his off-key lyrics. I think it was Brittney Spears today.

I heard from Seth, who heard from Dustin that my name and my 'cake' joke were mentioned on the radio. How cool is that? Wish I'd heard it myself.

My son and I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yesterday. I've never been more convinced that Tim Burton has the best drugs in Hollywood. We loved it, I thought it was a great interpretation. I won't spoil it for anyone, but there was a lot less singing and a lot more background on Willie Wonka. Some of the lines made me laugh out loud - then I realized I was the only one laughing. Too many small children in the theatre who didn't get irony or the clever nature of the writing. Johnny Depp was just a tad creepy, but he was perfect for the part.

I like eating at the movies, because everything comes in a box. (When I thought of that, I swear it was Mitch's voice.)

Can I just tell you how cool it is when my son sings along in the car with me? From Nine Inch Nails to the B-52's, that kid knows music. And he's not at all off-key.

My horoscope today:

"You've been polite, considerate and attentive to everyone, just as usual. You've even gone out of your way to be nice to at least one someone who might not deserve it. Enough. Just walk away. It's time."

Thanks, horoscope. I've always said my kindness will be the death of me.

But not today. Too much to do! I shall be partying with my new crazy girlfriend later this evening. Maybe she'll let me see her boobs. In the meantime, more writing to do.

One last thing...I'd like to send a hug out to my friend and former co-worker, Debbie, who lost her job last week and headed to Mexico for a relaxing vacation. Hope they have some awesome room service.

Have a fantastic Sunday everyone!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

None for me thanks, Willy Wonka gave me nightmares enough....

when I was THIRTY!!

Tim Burton's movies bespeak bad mescaline rather than good ganja.

--Travis--




;)

7/17/2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hi Travis. :) Thanks for stopping by. Bad mescaline, heh.

I deleted the other anonymous comment because I have daughters and that was just gross.

7/17/2005 1:01 PM  
Blogger I said...

I have two daughters. They don't really read my BLOG. But I do have some pissed off guy posting as my daughter. Life is good.

7/17/2005 3:33 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Life is good, indeed.

7/17/2005 3:59 PM  
Blogger I said...

Hey! I put a pitcher next to may name and I had to show someone! Pretty cool huh?

7/17/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ok, my favroite part was when WonkaDepp was standing there and started to remember something from his childhood, and the kids try to get his attention he says, "Oh, I'm sorry, I was having a flashback."

Priceless.

Tom, love the picture. I re-posted something just for you, check your comments.

McLaughy, where you been? I've missed you. I need you to tell me how great I am so I stop feeling sorry for myself! :)

Good morning Sarah. :)

Any of you folks can email me anytime if you like:
dammitjanet101@yahoo.com

7/18/2005 7:27 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, his utter dislike of the children was fun. And the look on his face when the fat kid talked to him. I want to go see it again.

7/18/2005 7:45 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That was FUNNY! I sat there thinking, I could have written this movie!!

7/18/2005 7:51 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It was well written, no doubt. A lot less dark than I thought it would be. Very funny, much more so than the original.

7/18/2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I've thought that Wonka looked like Michael Jackson since I saw the first movie poster! I haven't seen the movie yet. Now I'm wondering from all these comments whether I want to take my kids to it....

7/19/2005 9:52 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

My son loved it, I guess it really depends on the age of the kids seeing it. It's fun for little kids, and funny for the more mature.

7/19/2005 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter