Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Snopes, people, Snopes.

I don't like to be a bubble-buster....but.....

Consider this a public service announcement, from me to you. I cannot be the only person who knows about www.snopes.com, can I? Please tell me I'm not.

The urban legend debunkers, the people who research every crazy claim on the internet so we don't have to? If you're unfamiliar with Barbara and friends over at Snopes, do yourself a favor and go check them out. False information need not be propagated.

I don't blame my friends for forwarding things on to me, seriously, and this is not at all a 'dis' of my friends who take these things very seriously. Some of these stories that are going around are heart wrenching, some others will piss you off and send you into action. But if it gets you to react that strongly, it's worth checking into.

So the next time you get an email that's been forwarded 67 million times about how a guy in a ski mask will honk at you if you lock your keys in the car and then run over your toes if you flash your headlights at him, or how Starbuck's is evil and hates our troops and doesn't want them drinking their coffee, make sure it's not listed on Snopes before you send it out to everyone on your list. I'm just saying.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

2/03/2007 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

2/28/2007 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter