Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Dear Diary - NOT!

Dear Diary,

I hosted the open mic at Johnny Orleans last night in front of a packed house who loved every comedian they saw! Wow, it was awesome!

Um, wait. No, it wasn't like that at all. Ha!

Good times.
***************************************************
I use this blog to vent, to gather my thoughts, to amuse myself. I write about the nutty thoughts that go thru my head and such, politics, emotions, my crazy, wonderful kids, and my performance anxiety. Hell, it's cheaper than therapy. At some point I hope to write a book, although I'm still trying to figure out which story in my head would be great on 250 pages.

What I don't use the blog for is a personal diary. You won't read anything pertaining to my current love life, I prefer to keep people guessing in that regard, just keep it to myself. I see so many other blogs about boyfriends and relationships, that have multiple entries like "Men suck, I hate them. Why are they so awful?". I mean, sure, a blog is whatever you want it to be, right? But geez, I could write pages and pages about relationship angst and bad boyfriends. (And I have.) But that's no fun - no one wants to read my whining. I may write here about my girlish emotional instability, or perhaps my general feelings on monogamy or past relationships, but none of it will be person-specific. That sort of personal stuff stays at home with me, in one of my Sponge Bob notebooks, for no one to read but me. And I like it that way. So if you're looking for dirt, tough luck! And no, I'm still not sleeping with Seth. We're just friends. Seriously.
**************************************************
Open Mic at Scooter's tonite, the Improv tomorrow. Yikes. The Improv. That's a little intimidating for me, but I know I need to go and just do it. If I suck, fine, I'll practice and come back again. If I do well, then maybe that could lead to something really cool. Wish me luck guys.

Next week I'll be filling in for Johnny E. as host at the West End Open Mic on Wednesday. Hope I don't disappoint. Gonna try the Gong Show at Ben's Halfyard on July 9th. (Great job, Laura and Seth!!!) Also, I'll be at the X-tra Ranch on Saturday, August 6th. Oh, and there's the Dallas Comedy Festival in July downtown. I'm sure I'll be running around there somewhere, whether I'm performing or not.

Over 500 hits on the blog now. Wow, I've taken so many hits that pretty soon, I'll be talking like Mike Tyson. Oh, that was bad. So bad. My apologies.

Peace and hugs. I love you guys.

blog counter
blog counter