Thursday, September 09, 2010

The long, hot summer

Hola, mi amigos. Que pasa?

No, I really didn't learn to speak Spanish in the last couple of months. Fooled ya, huh? ha.

So I'm sitting at Cafe Brazil, sucking up the free wi-fi. My younger daughter called to say she's mad that I didn't take her with me. (The Princess turned 18 at the end of August, I didn't realize we still had to clear everything with each other.) In my defense, she was still asleep when I left. My oldest daughter just called and asked if I would take her shopping. And here I was, thinking I had a day to myself. Silly Jenn. Not that I mind spending time with my kids. I adore them, you all know that. And they are growing up to be such amazing people.

I do have far too much time to myself these days, having been fired from the one job I actually liked in the past 5 years. That happened in July - on my mother's birthday, to be exact. I really do miss that job. But I had this thought that I would do some writing and perhaps accomplish some things that I hadn't had time to do. Yeah, that hasn't so much happened. The summer has been busy, but not terribly profitable.

I started cleaning houses for money. Apparently, I'm really good at 3 things: Telling jokes, giving head, and cleaning. If I could just get paid for telling jokes. (I've made less than $100 since July doing comedy.) Oh, and I don't get paid for the other. That would be wrong. And illegal. But I am a cleaning fiend, so if you're in need of a housekeeper who speaks English and doesn't steal, I'm the woman for you!

I managed to make it through this summer and its 29 days of temps over 100 degrees without a working A/C in my car. The Honda Element. Hmph. More like the Heating Element. Maybe I can afford it by winter time.

Love life, let's see. No change, really. I met a guy who is terribly nice and smart. He's also nerdy and strange and far too pragmatic for Jenn. I don't see a future in it. And I just can't seem to give Jason up just yet. Since he moved back to town, we've been seeing each other pretty much weekly. We get something from each other, something we both need, but I can't exactly explain what that is. He slept with one of my friends, and I thought we were done. It's not that we're a couple, by any means, but dude, if you're gonna screw some other chick, make it someone who I don't know. Is that too much to ask? I was really upset with him, but I got over it. The term "dangerously charming" comes to mind. He actually used the "L" word - but it doesn't count, since we were drinking. But we have a certain comfort with each other, and we have amazing sex. Is that so wrong? We will never be a couple, I'm too old for him, he wants to have babies, blah blah blah. But we'll keep doing what we do until one of us finds something more permanent. I hope it's me first. ha.

Tornadoes yesterday. Clouds today. Big cleaning job tomorrow. No shows until September 21. I suppose that's a good enough update, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter