Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pardon me?

"Pardon me while I burst into flames.
I've had enough of this world and it's people's mindless games.
So pardon me while I burn and rise above the flame.
Pardon me, pardon me... I'll never be the same." - Incubus

For the love of baby jebus and all that is holy, this has been the strangest week.

Men. Are. Idiots.
I love you guys, I really do, but damn. You're ridiculous.

On Monday, all was wrong with the universe when not only did I lose my favorite boy, but I also discovered that my ex, the King of all Douches, has a girlfriend. Really? HE has a girlfriend? The man who hit me, the man who was emotionally disconnected and detached for 2.5 years, the man who constantly talked to several other women while we were together and told them all that I meant nothing to him?
THAT GUY? Remember him? Yeah.

Now, I have to say, it's not jealousy that is raising its ugly head. It's just - damn - how can someone so undeserving find someone and I'm stuck with no one?

To my daughter's credit, her explanation was thus: He will settle for whatever he can get, and I'm better than that, and I'm holding out for someone wonderful.

My daughter is right. But it's still a little jarring.

In other news of the strange - as mentioned previously, my favorite boy was asking me for advice on the new girl in his life. And I was cool with that. But last nite, the bass player, who is a gignatic idiot, was doing the same.

Oh my god! Ok, you guys, I get it! I mean nothing to you but I'm great for advice and bj's! I freaking get it already!! But I'm not Dr. Phil or Dear Abbey! And let's not forget that I am A GIRL - I'm NOT one of the guys! Seriously.

Thing is, he was just testing his boundaries, and checking to see if I'm still interested. He said something so weird, so stupid, that I laughed for a good half hour - he said that he's more into me now than he was a couple of months ago.

And I explained to him why that is - it's because I'm not into him anymore, so suddenly I'm so much more appealing. He didn't agree. But he's an idiot.

Of course, he didn't want to hear about my recent 'break-up', or mutual parting, whatever you want to call it. He's bothered by the idea that I could possibly have someone else in my life. LOL. He's the one who told me that he would not be at all bothered if I had a boyfriend. I guess he lives under the delusion that I'm just sitting here, waiting for him to nut up and tell me that he really does love me. (And he would have to be sober for me to believe it.)

He is totally in love with me - he's been 'googling' me and looking at my pictures - but he'll never admit how he feels about me, and I told him that all previous offers were off the table. We can be friends, but my appeal would of course decline if I were to be as into him again as I once was.

Idiots. All of you.

I've deleted all of my dating site profiles. But before I did, I connected with this one awesome guy in Colorado. We've been talking a lot, exchanging pics, etc. At least I know someone is thinking about me in a positive way. (Besides you, Curt. lol. Have I mentioned how happy I am for you and Gina? Consider it mentioned again.) He's pretty freaking cool, all around. We seem to have made a really good connection so far, which is weird for me, but I'll take it for now. When or if we ever get to meet is up in the air, but expanding my search outside of my Texas comfort zone can't be that much of a bad thing. Can it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

As if I look to you for anything but advice and bj's...

:)

12/10/2009 11:20 AM  
Blogger Jenn Hoff said...

Well apparently this is the place! :)

12/10/2009 11:21 AM  
Blogger theFarschside said...

Uh, Hello -- -- I'm right here I can totally hear you, Curt!

12/10/2009 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter