Friday, July 31, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes and friends

So I told my 16 year old daughter, the princess, that we're moving to a 3rd floor apartment. Her response?

"But mom, how will you get up there when you're drunk?"

Hahahahahahahaha.

In other news...

I've realized that I really need more female friends. Most of my friends are guys, and that's cool and all, but there are times when having a male friend is less than helpful. Example...

Joel and I are talking. I'm telling him all the drama in my life - car, home life, kids, work, everything that's been stressing me out. I'm completely in tears, relaying all of the issues that I'm going thru at the moment. He listens, looks like he was paying attention, and then he says to me: "Jenn, just let me see your tits."

Fuck "When Harry Met Sally". Men and women can't be just friends. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger I said...

THANK YOU!!! Men and women cannot be friends. I won't date a girl who's best friend is a guy. They get all offended like I'm the retard. To be fair. I like reading about your problems and am a little more sensetive than most but I'd probably still want to see your stuff also. I have to start dating again anyway. I have to get out of this cloud I'm in with Rene'. I will love her all my life and probably compare everyone else to her. Well, I will. She was the only woman I wanted to marry in thirteen years. Nobody else has a fighting chance. Sh*t. This is going to suck. I'll trade problems with you. The first thing I'd do is go bang the Russians and get my car back...

8/01/2009 7:33 AM  
Blogger I said...

"Out of the mouth of babes." That's me right?

8/01/2009 1:13 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yes, that's you. :)

I was talking to my long-time hookup guy the other nite. He said that if he were a woman, he would be the biggest slut ever, and would do anyone for favors, such as auto repairs. I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm not a prude, but I like to choose the guys I get with based on attraction versus need.

Of course you're going to compare everyone to Rene, and that's ok. I still compare everyone to my first love, and no one will ever be as great as he was.

8/03/2009 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter