Monday, July 13, 2009

A haunting

My oldest daughter works at the original Snuffer's on Greenville Avenue in Dallas. I didn't find out until recently that it's haunted.

No, for real! It's actually listed in a book, "Haunted Places" by Dennis William Hauck. So I started googling and found several websites that mention various haunted activities. And now I can't tear myself away from the place! I keep eating there, hoping to see one of the ghosts that people talk about. So far I haven't seen an actual ghost, but I did see something pretty cool.

If you've been to Snuffer's, you know that the front rooms and the patio were additions made later on. The two orignial rooms are behind these areas, and they back up to The Granada Theater. My daughter told me about a mirror hanging in one of the dining areas that has a lip print on it, and if you wipe it off, it comes back in a few minutes. I didn't believe her, so I wiped it myself earlier, and sure enough, in a few moments, the print was right back on the mirror! Astounding!

What a cool place to have so close by. Here are a couple of links about the activities there.
http://www.haunted-places.com/paranorm.htm#TEXAS
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Canyon/3741/investigations/snuffers.html

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger I said...

That's just me hiding in the first stall. I peep through the crack in the door and anytime a woman wipes my lip prints off the mirror, I lick where she's touched and kiss it again. Yeah, it's kinda creepy but I get my jollies that way. The haunting story keeps me from getting sued.

7/14/2009 5:50 AM  
Blogger Jenn Hoff said...

Stop kissing mirrors, Tom.

7/14/2009 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter