Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I freaking rule

I did a show at Absolute Rehearsal Studios last nite, and it was amazing! I wasn't quite sure what to expect at such a venue, but it really was great. It's a band rehearsal space (hence the name, duh), and the people were just the coolest ever. There's a bar too - well, of course there's a bar. Like I would perform someplace that didn't have one! Some of the band guys came to see the show and they frigging loved me. I got to hang out with one band in their practice room and listen to them jam. They're amazing. I was invited back just to hang out by a bunch of the musicians. Sweet!

I'm totally in love with these guys - Energy Williams. They fucking rock. Check them out, seriously. And I'm not just saying this because the bass player digs me. What is it with me and bass players? Anywho, here are their Myspace links and a Youtube video. Seriously talented young guys. And adorable to boot!

http://www.myspace.com/energywilliams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69W6fWsYvOA

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=36715234

4 Comments:

Anonymous Gina said...

Way to go!!! -- even if you do say so yourself!

(no really -- you give a great show!)

G

7/15/2009 7:58 PM  
Blogger Jenn Hoff said...

I think I had more fun hanging with the band than actually performing. Bass players dig me. :)

7/16/2009 10:35 AM  
Blogger I said...

This is not a good pattern Jenn. You really need to graduate up to lead singers and guitarists. Bass players come and go. Or in your case cum n go. HA! That was funny. Really I was just playing. I couldn't resist.

7/17/2009 5:22 AM  
Blogger Jenn Hoff said...

I think I like bass players cuz they're kinda the underdog. Everyone knows the lead singer and the guitar player, even the drummer, but the bass player doesn't get much attention. I'm all for the little guy, ya know. Well, I mean 'little' figuratively, of course. ;)

7/17/2009 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter