Friday, July 10, 2009

This set is clean, but I feel so dirty.

I went to the Backdoor Comedy Club last nite and did a few minutes of clean material. I've been wanting to go for a while, I just never felt comfortable with all the restrictions they put in place.


If you're unfamiliar, I'll fill you in - you can't tell dirty jokes at the Backdoor. The ladies who own the place are very particular about what you can and cannot say. No sexual references. No F words. Certainly none of my blow job jokes. No references to farts, dicks, vaginas, etc.


So where does that leave me, you may ask?


Well, I sat down and pulled 7 jokes from my repertoire that were not dirty. I went with my buddy Joel, who goes up there every week. It felt strange to be there, and people were looking at me like, "What is SHE doing here????" It was kinda creepy.

I did my three minutes and moved on. It wasn't my best 3 minutes ever, but I can't say it was my worst. The bulk of the crowd were there to see a 13-year old boy. How can you compete with that?


I've never felt so dirty telling clean jokes. Gah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter