Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Super. Man.

"I am, I am, I am Superman
and I know what's happening
I am, I am, I am Superman
and I can do anything
You don't really love that guy you make it with now do you?
I know you don't love that guy cause I can see right through you." - REM

Yeah, he is Superman. He told me so. But I don't love him. And that's ok.

You know what I've realized while hooking up with someone much younger than myself? That I have absolutely no cute underwear. Seriously. Must do something about that.

Is this whole thing just wrong? I mean, he is nearly half my age. But it makes me feel young, and my confidence and self-esteem are way up. We both know it's not going to be a long-term thing. I'm not stupid enough to actually have a relationship with someone so young. But you know what? I've spent the majority of my life trying to make other people happy. Well, this makes me happy. So there.

I'm surrounded by people who are in love - not the 'been together for years' kind of love, but that awesome, brand-new love that gives you butterflies and makes you think sappy things are romantic. It's all I can do to hold down my whole-grain waffles. Jealous? Perhaps. I certainly hope to eventually find someone who gets me. But for now I'm content with my little Superman.

2 Comments:

Blogger monogodo said...

You know what? My wife doesn't have any cute or sexy underwear, either, and I don't care. It's not the garment that turns me on, it's what's inside that turns me on.

Actually, the sexiest thing she wears to bed is a flannel nightgown.

6/17/2008 3:10 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Aww, aren't you a sweet guy!

That's the difference between love and lust, though. Love is the whole package, lust is just the packaging. :)

6/18/2008 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter