Friday, May 02, 2008

Eating dis-order

I have lived a life of dieting. My mother put me on my first diet when I was 10 years old. Yes, I said 10. I weighed in at a whopping 80 pounds - which was average for my age. So my lifetime of yo-yo dieting started at a very early age.

As mentioned previously, I decided to do Weight Watchers. And I have to say, in spite of all the stress in my life, I feel great! I'm nearing the end of week 5 and I'm down 12 pounds. I've walked at least 10 miles this week - I have relieved my ride to work of her duties and I'm walking to the train station every day. The more I walk, the better I feel, and the easier it gets.

Honestly, WW is the easiest plan I've ever tried. No pills, no patches, no diet shakes or cabbage soup. It's not about being on a diet, it's about learning how to eat right. I know, being nearly 40 years old you'd think I would know how to eat by now. It's all about the choices you make. And when I'm surrounded by stress and chaos, I know that the only thing I can really control is what I put in my mouth. (No sex jokes please, I'm not in the mood. lol)

So I'm walking, I'm eating right, I started tanning and I'm feeling really good about myself right now. I have developed an odd craving for ice though, which is weird. The last time I had 'ice cravings' was when I was pregnant with Christopher. I am neither iron deficient nor sexually frustrated, which are the two things most associated with ice chewing (the latter being more of a joke I'm sure, lol). I'm not pregnant either. I guess I just like the crunch, and it adds to my daily water intake.

Silly future goals:

1. Buy roller skates! (not blades, I kick it old school)
2. Try out for the women's roller derby team.
Ha!

Real future goal:

40 by 40 - Lose 40 pounds before my 40th birthday in October. Only 28 to go. :)

I can do this.

Favorite snacks:
Edamame
Wheat puffs
String cheese

1 Comments:

Blogger decade5 said...

I am so freaking happy for you! Yaaaay!!

5/03/2008 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter