Sunday, June 08, 2008

A new adventure...

So, I'm trading in my stand-up act to try my hand at improv for a while. I'm excited and nervous and anxious and all things similar.

Our website:
www.lockedoutcomedy.com

Our first show is June 18th - details on the website.

This is an amazing group of funny, creative, talented people, and I'm thrilled that they invited me to join them.

The one piece of advice my ex-douchebag gave me was this - I needed to get out of my head. And he was right. Unfortunately, I never seemed able to do that when he was around. Hmm. I'm a very self-conscious person, always have been. So how am I able to stand on a stage, by myself, and reveal the sordid details of my life? I have no idea. Alcohol helped. Improv is so different. You work as a team. You play off other people. You don't overthink everything. And most of all, you have fun. And I'll be able to do all of those things, as soon as get out of my head. And with this group, I don't think it will be a problem.

Check out the website, we have pictures and everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter