Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ch ch ch ch changes....

Well, I didn't make it to the Improv last nite. I've been down with bronchitis since Friday. (And no need to tell me to quit smoking; your concern is duly noted.) I would have had at least 15 people there to see me. I hate that I had to miss it.

My douchebag ex called to see if I was going to be there. He had 'heard' that I might be, so he wanted to check before he just showed up. Oh, how very kind of him. I really wish he had no access to my life at all. Looks like I'll be giving up the remaining handful of our mutual friends, just because I can't handle the intrusion anymore. I don't care what he's doing, and I don't want him knowing what I'm doing. I'm tempted to just delete my myspace page and make this blog 'invitation only'. It still just irks the shit out of me that so many people have taken his side. I'm like, "Hello? Have you met this man?" How is it that he is the 'victim' and I'm the bitch? How is that possible?

Anywho.

I just don't care much about comedy at all anymore. It used to be so important to me, but now it's just a nuisance. For so many reasons.

Life absolutely sucks right now, but I'm leaning toward that 'everything happens for a reason' attitude.

My amazing, wonderful, talented, never-causes-trouble daughter - is pregnant. Yep. I'm gonna be a grandma. I can't say how I feel about it yet, even though I've known for a few weeks now. We found out somewhat by accident. She was complaining of abdominal pain, and it was severe enough to warrant a trip to the ER. Her dad and I were there with her, they took blood and all that stuff, and it didn't take long for that test to come back positive. After all the talking, all the 'yes, mom, I know, I will take precautions, I know about birth control...' blah, blah, blah. I thought I had drilled it into these girls' heads, but apparently they really weren't listening.

In light of this, and the fact that my rent is being raised by $110.00 as of June 1st, and the fact that I still don't have a car - Emily and I are moving to Garland so we can be closer to the rest of the family. (i.e. her dad, brother, uncles, cousins, etc.) Her dad and I are planning to cohabitate again. He's been so great these past few weeks. He's always there when I need him. He goes out of his way to help me and the kids. The man would literally do anything for me. So we're going to try the 'family' thing again and see if we can make it work.

I realize this is a lot to digest all at once. I just had to get it all out.

Oh, I forgot - I started Weight Watchers, I'm on week 4 and I've lost over 8 pounds. (11 if you go by my doctor's records.)

So, the news isn't all bad. ha.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weightloss, sorry about the rest...

4/23/2008 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter