Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Rumor has it....

You wanna know what really grinds my gears? Well I’ll tell ya. I find it ridiculous and annoying that if I talk to and joke around with a guy, somehow that means I want to sleep with him? WTF?

Case in point: a rumor is floating around about me at work. The rumor is that I have a ‘crush’ (are we in high school?) on one of the guys in our service department.

Really? That’s news to me!

Everyone hopefully knows by now that I’m a very friendly, chatty person, especially when I find someone with whom I have things in common. I guess I come off flirty, but I assure you, it’s harmless. The guy in question is married, first off. Second, I don’t find him attractive. We have the same work hours, and I go back to the service department to get ice a few times a day and he’s usually the only one there. It would be rude of me not to say hello, wouldn’t it? He's a nice guy and we're the same age. So we’ve gotten into telling each other jokes. We take turns. It’s fun. We talk about his wife and his kids and just general stuff like that, nothing at all untoward or inappropriate – and not any different than the way I talk to the rest of the men at my job. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

It really creeps me out a bit that they are back there discussing me now. Ugh. I am very happy being single. Most of my friends are guys; I just get along well with men for some reason.

Oh yeah, that’s because I want to sleep with all of them!

Not.

I’m not supposed to know about this, of course. It was told to me in confidence by someone who’s always got my back. But now I think I either want to avoid the area and find a new ice source – or perhaps I could play it up big time and really make that person who started this rumor think something is going on. That would probably be bad.

I hate rumors.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You have always talked and joked around with me.....I guess that means.........damn.

6/05/2008 11:17 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You mean you didn't know that I wanted you? Apparently it's so obvious! ;)

6/05/2008 1:44 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Now I'm jealous of eyenou... we must fight a duel! Ampersands at twenty paces!

6/05/2008 2:22 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LMAO! There's plenty of me to go around, boys. (But not for much longer - 15 pounds and counting!)

6/06/2008 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, curt, I am no good with ampersands. How about tildes instead?

6/06/2008 4:04 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

backslash, backslash, caret, ASTERISK!

Gawd, I'm a geek!

6/09/2008 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter