Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Summer of Jenn

It has been a rough couple of months. Lots of ups and downs - mostly downs - but we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

First off, Emily is doing ok, and thanks for everyone who expressed concern. She had minor day surgery and she's getting back to normal. I know she was sad, but truly I think this was for the best. I won't tell her that right now, but she'll realize it a little later. I am one of those 'everything happens for a reason' kind of people - although I fail to understand what those reasons are sometimes. We have the summer now, to relax and figure out some things.

So, here's what's going on with me. I'm still single. And for the first time in my life, I'm ok with that. I really don't want to be in a 'relationship'. I just don't think I have it in me to try it again. I have plenty of friends. I have my kids. I have my cat. Which reminds me...I was talking to my oldest daughter, Lauran, last nite, and I was telling her how close I am to my cat, how we've bonded and how I love him more than any cat I've ever had. And she said to me, "Well, mom, maybe that's because you're single and you're lonely, and that's the closest you're going to get to a boyfriend."

She sucks. lol.

I'm still counting points with Weight Watchers. Starting on week 9, and it's going well. I'm not losing a lot of pounds, but I have definitely lost inches. I look pretty great, I feel amazing - I haven't felt this good in years. Here's my day: wake up at 3 AM; get ready and walk to train station at 4:15. Catch train at 4:45 to downtown, then take a bus to my office, arriving at 6:30. I work until 3:45 and take the trip in reverse. I'm walking on average 2 miles a day during the week. It's really awesome. I can feel a big difference.

I'm getting back into comedy, although not stand-up. I'm excited and I'll talk more about it later. I'm very happy that these people have invited me to be a part of what they're doing.

I have officially dubbed this "The Summer of Jenn". I'm coming back in a big way, baby.
A BIG way.

Edited today to add.....

And for a 10 on the "Eww" factor.... my ex is dating a very homely-looking 22 year old. He's almost 40. I told you guys he was a disgusting piece of shit, didn't I? I'm just surprised he didn't go younger! He's literally old enough to be her father. Gag.

(Now, I will admit that I have slept with a very hot 20 year-old very recently, but I'm a girl. When I do it, it's cool. When he does it, it's icky. So there!)

2 Comments:

Blogger monogodo said...

Dude, (yes, I just called you Dude), I didn't know you worked Downtown (or went through it to/from work). We should get together for a beverage some time. Maybe after my wife and I move to our new place in the Mosaic.

5/24/2008 9:41 PM  
Blogger Jenn Hoff said...

Dude! That would be great! I'm down there every day, let me know!

5/25/2008 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter