Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Freaking Sweet

I was happy to read this article today:

"Penalty upheld for pharmacist's refusal to fill birth control"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080325/ap_on_re_us/contraceptive_complaint;_ylt=AvbXnLqbuYZGD4JoLyOgEB1H2ocA

I am so sick of people pushing their religious views on others, and I'm glad that the court upheld the decision. If you're going to enter a profession knowing that at some point your beliefs may be 'compromised', then dammit, don't go into that profession! Moral objections are one thing - but he could have easily referred her to another pharmacy. Just do your job, dude.

from the article: "Noesen said the discipline "critically devastated" his business as a traveling pharmacist because some pharmacies refused to hire him and he lost his liability insurance, court records said."

Oh really? Well wah, wah, wah! I'm sorry that I don't have any empathy for you. Imagine how that poor girl would have felt had she ended up pregnant because of your negligence.

It's nice when the system works.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

I read the article. I agree with the decision as well. I don't believe a person's religion should dictate someone else's life.

3/26/2008 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter