Saturday, December 09, 2006

You had me at "You know..."

For Doof, and others, a brief update.

My mini-teen (Emily) has a new boyfriend. His name is Wilson. I'm all over that. I mean really, how many times can you make the "Castaway" reference before it stops being funny? I'll let you know. So far, it still makes me giggle. I don't think she's quite as amused as I am. Like I care.

Christmas is coming. I have yet to start my shopping, as usual. Why do I wait until the last minute? I do this every year. And I hate it when people ask me what I want for Christmas. What I really want is rarely tangible or practical, so just get me some fuzzy slippers or a pound of Christmas Blend from Starbuck's and be done with it. If it's the thought that really counts, then tell me you thought about getting me something from Tiffany's. I'll probably believe you.

My kids have offered up their lists for "Santa". Yes, at their age, they know now that Santa = parents. The older they get, the more expensive their tastes. Cell phone, Ipod, custom skateboard. Although my son's list included some odd items, including a flashlight and a roll of quarters. I'm not sure what that's about.

Only two paydays and 15 shopping days left.

2 Comments:

Blogger I said...

Uh-oh. You don't suppose he's spankin do ya? Naah, that's not really a Christmas thing to ask for. Hmmm. Binoculars, that's a dead give away he's spankin.

12/10/2006 9:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Eww, eww, and eww.

12/11/2006 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter