Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving. Done.

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. But really, nothing is ever as bad as I think it will be.

We had a really nice lunch at The Canary Café in Addison. It came highly recommended, and the food really was good. Very non-traditional Thanksgiving fare, but everyone seemed ok with it. Evan’s sister is really nice. We spent several hours with her and her husband and I didn’t drink or say anything stupid. Yay me. But then his sister sent us home with a gift – two bottles of wine. Dammit. I smiled and thanked her politely, knowing full well that those would certainly go to waste or be re-gifted. But it was a very nice gesture on her part.

I didn't do a 'what I'm thankful for' post because I've been away from the computer pretty much since Wednesday. But I do indeed have a lot of thanks to give.

My kids - they make me crazy and keep me sane. They are wonderful and funny and smart and adorable.

Evan - he makes me laugh, he makes me cry (to a lesser extent), and everything in between. I can't imagine my life without him. We've become so real with each other. I've never felt that I could truly be myself and be completely honest with anyone. I am a flawed individual, and that's not something you share with everyone. But we have that. It's a great feeling. And in spite of the rough patches (or fields?) that we go thru, I know that at the end of the day, he'll be there, smiling and glad to see me. I love you so very much, Evan. You really are what's been missing in my life.

I'm thankful for a job that doesn't make me cry. For a mom who's just nutty enough to be amusing. For the few close friends I have who truly care about what happens to me. For my sense of humor. And for my excessive kindness, which I still say will be the death of me.

We had the kids Tuesday and Wednesday, and then Friday to Sunday. The CsZ show was cancelled on Friday nite, so we took the kids to see “Happy Feet”. It was ok, a little too politically preachy for my taste, but oh well. The animation was outstanding, and the musical compilations were fun. But I wouldn’t recommend it, especially if you’re less of the bleeding heart persuasion than I am.

Saturday nite, Comedy Sportz, of course. I worked the concession stand. They played a couple of games that I’ve never seen and I liked them a lot. The kids had fun as always, but started to get on each others (and my) nerves later in the evening. I didn’t grow up with any siblings, so the whole sibling rivalry thing makes absolutely no sense to me. I always wished I had someone to play with or talk to. But, if I’d had a brother or sister, I probably wouldn’t have liked them anyway. Who knows.

I had an awesome Sunday with my female offspring. I decided to separate the younger two for the day, so Emily and I went to visit my oldest daughter, which of course led to a shopping trip. The boys stayed at home and played video games. Duh. The girls and I went to my friend Beth’s boutique and bought a few things, and then on to a couple of other stores on Greenville. It really was one of my best days recently. I’m so surprised at how well my oldest is doing out there on her own. She even sent us home with banana pudding that she made for Thanksgiving. I’m glad I at least taught her a few things.

I’m very pissed off today, but I’m trying to let it go. Our roommate, who hasn’t paid a bill in 5 months, wanted another friend of his to move in. Well, he didn’t ask us. He never even mentioned it. She sent me a Myspace message asking if she could move in. First off, how immature do you have to be to ask someone something so big via Myspace? She could have called or stopped by the house. I mean really. But when I didn’t respond to her within 24 hours, (God forgive me for spending time with my FAMILY over the HOLIDAYS instead of being on the freaking computer!) she took it personally and unloaded all kinds of vitriolic bullshit on me – again, via Myspace. Ahh. To be young and stupid. Anywho, it’s ruined my day and I’d really just like to punch her in the face. She called me spoiled, controlling, and jealous, among other things.

What?!?!?!

Ok, obviously this chick doesn't know me at all. She made reference to my 'spoiled Plano life'...um, ok. I've lived in Plano for almost 4 years. Didn't grow up there, don't come from a wealthy family, don't live a fancy life. How is it that I'm spoiled exactly? I don't even know what to say to the other things she called me. Geez. She's like a 12 year old.

No, I didn’t want her to move in. But my reasons are not what she assumed them to be, and I wanted to take the time to formulate the nicest response I could muster. She got really personal and nasty and I just don’t need people like that around me. I have enough shit to deal with. The thing is though, roommate talks about her like shit when she’s not around. Basically she’s his shameful booty call. He has her come over once every few months when he’s lonely. Then he tells us how much he can’t stand her. So my guess is that he didn’t really want her to move in, but he wanted us to be the bad guys and be the ones to say ‘no’. Well, I’m sick of being the bad guy. I’m sick of everyone making me out to be the one who’s mean and wrong. And I don’t appreciate any of the lies that he obviously told her, not to mention some personal things that really are none of her business. Not welcome in my house. Never. Never. Ever.

I cannot wait to move and get out from under this situation. It’s really making my life miserable. He and I will be having a chat later, and I doubt it will be pleasant.

I’m a very nice girl. Until you push me too far. And you just don’t want to see me when that happens.

Have a nice day and don’t piss me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter