Monday, October 30, 2006

Catch up, catsup

Well, I’m fresh off a busy weekend and a 50+ hour work week. Have I mentioned that I love my job? I still do.

This new beta blogger thing doesn’t seem to like for me to put a photo on my profile. Oh well, you people know what I look like. If you don’t, go to Myspace, I have plenty of pics there.

We had our big Open House on Friday. It was a wonderful success. I looked great, if I may say so. The CEO absolutely loved the giant scissors I got for the ribbon cutting. He was so excited! They looked cool, with the company logo and colors, and they really worked too! The bow and ribbon fit perfectly on the area designated for ribbon cutting. I was very pleased with myself.

The shareholders arrived in limos, town cars and big black SUV’s. Apparently we have some amazing backers. I heard rumor that an NBA coach is one of our investors, although he didn’t come to the event. I stood in the front reception are,a greeting and smiling and chit-chatting, and directing people on where to go. I’m quite good at that. I was on my feet for the better part of 12 hours on Friday, but I loved every minute of it.

The caterers were absolutely amazing. We went with Abuelo’s, and not only was the food fantastic, but the service was outstanding! One of the guys actually came to my desk and asked if he could get me something to eat! Hell, I didn’t have time to eat, but what a nice gesture. They walked around the entire building, waiting on guests and making sure everything was clean. I was very impressed. I highly recommend them if you’re looking for an awesome caterer.

All in all, it was a very lovely day. I had many things to do after work, so my day didn’t really end until about midnite. And for some reason, I can’t seem to sleep late anymore. I automatically wake up at 6:30 AM now, every day, even on the weekend.

Saturday I hung out with my son mostly. We had breakfast with my friend Sara, who I see only once a month or so now. Then we went to trade in some of his old video games and he received a $92 store credit. Geez, that’s a lot of games. He was able to purchase two new games, so he was very happy. We went shopping, he helped me wash and vaccum the car. Such a good boy. He still doesn’t mind shopping with his mom. How cool is that?

Sunday was less busy, but I managed to get the house in order somewhat. I’m having a real nesting feeling right now, like I need everything to be in its place. I always seem to get that way in the fall. For other people it’s spring cleaning. Nah, too hot then. I’d rather do it when it’s cool outside.

Looking at apartments this week, hoping to move as soon as possible. Apparently Evan’s sister is coming to visit for Thanksgiving. I’m not sure if we can be moved by then, but it would be nice. If not, then I have a hell of a lot more cleaning to do to that house before she arrives.
This week looks a lot less nutty. I’m happy to be out of the house for at least 40 hours a week. Gives me a sense of purpose and accomplishment. Those are good feelings.

My friend Beth is now a business owner. I’m so proud of her. More details to come, I haven’t had time to chat with her much about her venture.

Have a nice week, in case I don’t see you.

3 Comments:

Blogger I said...

You work too much. What about being free to do comedy? I don't feel so good.

11/01/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger I said...

I'm still here and I'm not going away. Paul Varghese thought I would go away. Ha!

11/06/2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm still here. Busy busy. No time to write. No time for comedy lately. Soon, maybe.

11/06/2006 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter