Friday, November 10, 2006

What's that like?

One of my co-workers was leaving early today. I looked at my watch in a joking manner, mostly because I don’t wear a watch, so I was really just looking at my arm. Ha. Yes, I’m a riot. He said, “I’m leaving early for a romantic weekend with the wife.” Aww. That’s sweet. I felt myself make a face, and I think I actually said, “I hate you” or some such thing out loud, I’m not certain.

Anyone care to take this bitterness off my hands? It could use a good home.

The thing is…Evan and I have barely seen each other in the last few weeks, and I’ve discovered that I don’t much care for that. I didn’t realize how accustomed I had gotten to seeing him practically 24/7 when I was working at home. I just took it for granted that he was there, all the time. Now that I don’t see him much it makes me sad. I work all week, he works on the weekends. By the time I get home in the evenings, it’s time to get dinner and then I’m off to bed fairly early so I can rise for my next working day. The only time I see him on the weekends is when we’re in the car on the way to or from a show, and then we’re both too tired or too rushed to really do anything. We managed to have a nice dinner last week sometime, I can’t even remember what day it was now. Maybe Saturday? I don’t know. I suppose it could be worse, and at some point, we’ll no doubt welcome some time away from each other. But right now, I miss my Evan time. But a weekend getaway? Forget about it. I would love it, but logistically, I don’t know how we could pull it off. Maybe we’ll look into it soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger I said...

You and your hubby have a good thing. I would be jealous. I can't get past the first week without hating anyone. As a matter of fact if it's not making me a sandwich or showing me its tits, I really don't have a use for it. I'm glad that you still write here. I would miss you.

11/10/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Aww, thanks Tom. FYI, we're not married. We are currently living in sin, with a shared cell phone plan and a joint bank account. Might as well be married.

And it creeps me out just the slightest bit that you refer to women as 'its'.

11/11/2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger monogodo said...

in re: your coworker

Keep in mind that many gay couples will refer to each other as husband and wife, so he still could be gay.

11/14/2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lol!

No, she really is female, she came to the office yesterday to drop something off for him. Very sweet lady.

11/14/2006 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter