Thursday, October 05, 2006

Apology

I am such a shit.

One of my very best friends in the world sent me a letter. Yes, a letter in the mail, because I've been too busy wallowing in my own pit of crap to call or email her in the last couple of months.

She's always been that one person who was there for me. But I don't get to see her because she lives 2 hours away. We grew up together. We wore ugly choir dresses together. She was there during my first divorce, telling me that I was doing the right thing. Her mother used to babysit my kids when they were little. Her family has invited me to spend holidays with them when I didn't have anyone else to spend them with.

She's such a great mom, and I've always admired her ability to do a million things at once and not get flustered. Our sons are 6 months apart in age. She and her husband are a study in successful, happy marriage. There's something I've never had.

Your letter made me cry, and I'm so sorry for all that you're going through. I've been out of touch for a while, with you, with a lot of people. We have lots to talk about. I promise to call you tonite.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr Paul said...

Hiya, really like your blog - check mine out if you have a minute :-)

10/06/2006 8:31 AM  
Blogger I said...

Remember when we wore prom dreeses to the Paul Varghese concert in Vegas? Please call me.

10/06/2006 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter