Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I LOVE MY JOB!

Wow. What an awesome few days.

To catch up briefly, as I don’t want to bore any of you. You’re probably reading this because you’re bored, right?

Started the new job last week and whoa, I have to say, I feel like I’m at home. Finally. My boss is wonderful, the people are so nice, the space is gorgeous, although still under a lot of construction at the moment. I’m very excited about the product, it’s quite amazing. Here’s the website:
www.mediacart.com

I’ve done some odd things. My first tasks were to help purchase a rug for the lobby, and to obtain a pair of giant scissors for the ribbon cutting ceremony this week. Done. Picked up the giant bow and ribbon today. I’ve been doing a lot of running around, shopping and getting things we need as it is a new space and in need of everything. Yes, everything. My only complaint so far is that the security guard sits at my desk at nite, and he’s a slob. Oh well. I’ll be putting in overtime this week, lots to do, lots to do. We’ve been dealing with electricians and furniture movers and phone installers and pretty much any vendor you can imagine. It’s been amazing. The day just flies by.

Today, as I was on my way to yet another errand, my boss gave me some cash for the purchases, threw in an extra $20 for gas, and then she did something I didn’t expect at all: She gave me an extra $100 cash, for me, just to say thanks for all I’ve done so far! Are you kidding me? You’re welcome! I’ve only been here for a week! I love this place! Not that I expect this to be a regular occurrence, but it sure was a nice bonus. She’s terrific.

Last week, my birthday. It came and it went. No big deal. They start meaning less and less after 35. Two more years to 40. Geez. At least I don’t look my age, that’s a good thing. Thanks, mom. The boyfriend and I had a nice dinner, and he went along with me to my final improv class. How did it go? It could have been better. I was nervous, having some of the pros there. I don’t start scenes well, but I follow ok. It was fun to take the classes, but I’m not convinced that I have what it takes to be an improviser. So, back to the stand-up and the joke writing, eh? My play still isn’t finished, and now we’re working up an idea for a horror film, as well as some funny sketches to hopefully put on at the club at some point.

In a nutshell, I guess that’s about it. I probably won’t have near as much time to blog as I used to. Rest assured, I’ll update when I can, and especially when something is worth reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I am so jealous of the job. sounds great. good luck with it. hope everything stays good. I wish I could say that I loved my job. But, oh well, everyone can't say that. I'm just one of the unlucky millions. lol.

10/26/2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm very lucky to have found a place I love. I've had some awful jobs, the kind that make you cry every day. I don't miss them. :)

10/27/2006 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter
blog counter